The Involving Medway Community Grants, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, awards funds of up to £1,500 to local groups with projects and events which contribute to Involving Medway’s objectives. These are:
- Increase the range of activities which contribute to a person’s physical or mental health for people living in Medway;
- Encourage the growth of local initiatives that are designed and run by residents;
- Support residents to improve their health by bringing people together to support each other:
- bringing people together across estate boundaries
- promotes equality by bringing people of different ages, cultures, faiths, communities etc. together;
- Create stronger connections between people living in the area, for example by tackling issues such as isolation;
- Increase the skills and confidence of residents; and
- Respond to locally identified needs – i.e. applicants will need to demonstrate that they are responding to needs identified by the community and that there is demand for the proposed project.
Projects can be long term, short term or one-off activities delivered by constituted voluntary sector organisations or other types of structured groups of local residents with an annual income below £100,000. In order to be eligible for funding, at least 80% of the people benefitting from the project must be residents in the Medway area.
Please note that 50% of the grant funding available for Involving Medway Community grants will be reserved for organisations with an annual income of less than £50,000.
Deadline: Monday 31 December 2018.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Local Grants Funds
Kent County Council: Early Help & Preventative ServicesFriday January 4th, 2019
Kent County Council’s Early Help and Preventative Services grant provides funding for projects supporting local priorities surrounding Early Help and Prevention. The grants will support new organisations or innovative ideas which will contribute to meeting local priorities for Children and Young People and will run for a year. To apply for the Early Help and Preventive…Health & Social Care Local Grants Youth
The Overstone Fund
The Overstone Fund, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, awards grants of up to £5,000 to projects with a focus on reducing offending and re-offending rates or encouraging entrepreneurship among young people and the disadvantaged. Projects providing musical opportunities or countryside activities for disadvantaged children are of a particular interest. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For more…Health & Social Care Local Grants Youth
Ward & Partners Charitable Fund
The Ward & Partners Charitable Fund, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, awards grants of up to £5,000 to enable parents, carers and support groups to help very ill and disabled children get the most out of life. The Fund offers invaluable funding to projects which benefit children with physical disabilities and/or life limiting conditions. Ward &…Local Grants Youth
The Crown Charitable FundMonday December 31st, 2018
The Crown Charitable Fund, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, awards grants of up to £5,000 to volunteer-led groups working in Herne Bay with preference for projects supporting children and young people. Deadline: Monday 31 December 2018. For more information and how to apply please click here.