Tesco’s Bags of Help, administrated by Groundwork, awards grants up to £1,000 to charities and community organisations whose projects bring benefits to local residents.
During October, November and December 2020 the grant scheme will prioritise projects which are focused on supporting local children and young people.
Applications are assessed by Groundwork to ensure they are eligible. To be eligible applicants can be either a voluntary or community organisation (including registered charities/companies), school, health body (e.g. Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), NHS Hospital Trust, Foundation Trust), Parish/Town Council, local authority or social housing provider. This list is not exhaustive and there will be many other types of organisations that will be funded.
All types of projects can be funded, as long as they support local children and young people. This could include but is not exhausted to:
- Mental Health support for children and young people – Covid-19 has had an impact on the health and well being of children, particularly mental health.
- Outdoor activities – sport and green space provision for children and young people including use of green spaces support well being through physical activities.
- Non statuary educational activities – to support, widen and rebuild educational support networks for children, web based activities. Sport, exercise, and arts.
- Young carers – support for young carers as a result of current and continued isolation.
- Bereavement counselling – offering support to children that have lost family members and support networks due to Covid-19
- Child poverty – to support organisations that offer family support that are further impacted by Covid-19, which could include food/educational packs, free activities.
- Vulnerable at risk children – the pandemic has impacted vulnerable children with challenging home and family circumstances.
The scheme can fund 100% of your project costs so you do not have to have any match funding. However, if you secured additional funding, there is no limit to what this amount can be and any funding awarded by Bags of Help can form part of your wider project costs.
Your project can be a stand-alone project or discrete, self-contained part of a larger scheme or part of a phased project. You will need to complete your project within twelve months of receipt of the grant.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Youth Funds
Tesco: Bags of Help Community Grants
Tesco’s Bags of Help, administrated by Groundwork, awards grants up to £1,000 to charities and community organisations whose projects bring benefits to local residents. During October, November and December 2020 the grant scheme will prioritise projects which are focused on supporting local children and young people. Applications are assessed by Groundwork to ensure they are…Health & Social Care Youth
Comic Relief: Change MakersFriday September 25th, 2020
Comic Relief’s Change Makers programme awards grants of between £150,000 to £600,000 over three to five years to two types of organisation: Small and medium-sized organisations: annual income of between £75,000 and £249,999 who focus on equalities and are user-led. User-led organisations are considered to be those where the majority of the leadership (i.e. at least half of…Health & Social Care Youth
the7stars Foundation offers three streams of funding: project applications for 16 year olds and under; long term applications for 16 year olds and under; and direct funding for 18 year olds and under. The Foundation prioritises projects that are for those challenged by abuse; addiction; those who are young carers; those who find themselves in…Education & Employment Local Grants Youth
Land Securities LINK Fund
The Land Securities LINK Fund awards grants of up to £5,000 to small, local voluntary and community groups and charities in the Swanscombe/Northfleet area. Projects which benefit young people with a focus on NEETS, education and training projects with a focus on addressing employability and homelessness are eligible to apply. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For…