The Rural Community Energy Fund (RCEF) supports rural communities in England to develop renewable energy projects which provide economic and social benefits to the community.
The RCEF is available to rural communities in England that:
- represent a rural community of:
- fewer than 10,000 residents; or
- more than 10,000 residents but within a local authority area which is classified by the Office of National Statistics as ‘predominantly rural’
- form a legal entity in order to receive public funds
- demonstrate the support of the wider community
and are planning a renewable energy project which:
- will provide a legacy for the future benefit of the community
- use a proven renewable technology
The fund provides up to £150,000 of funding for feasibility and pre-planning development work to help projects become investment ready. The RCEF provides support in two stages:
- Stage 1 provides a grant of up to approximately £20,000 to pay for an initial investigation into the feasibility of a renewable energy project
- Stage 2 provides an unsecured loan of up to approximately £130,000 to support planning applications and develop a robust business case to attract further investment
This is a continuous rolling programme.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Environmental Funds
National Allotment Gardens Trust
The National Allotment Gardens Trust awards funding of between £250 to £2,000 to allotment gardens that meets the following criteria: The committee must be officially recognised by the landlord of the site. Must have a written and signed constitution. Have a bank account with three signatories. Have a forwarding address and named contact. The amount…Environmental
Greggs Foundation: Small Environment Grant
The Greggs Foundation Small Environmental Grant awards grants of up to £2,000 to not for profit organisations, with preference given to small, locally based and community led organisations with a turnover under £300,000 per annum. Schools are also encouraged to apply and are given the same level of priority as small locally based organisations. Grants…Environmental
Patagonia: Environmental Grants
Patagonia, the American clothing and outdoor gear company, awards grants of up to $12,000 to innovative local work that addresses the root causes of the environmental crisis and seeks to protect both the environment and affected communities. The company encourage work that brings underrepresented communities to the forefront of the environmental movement and defend communities…Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Sports
The Liebreich Foundation
The Liebreich Foundation makes occasional small grants to charitable organisations focusing on the following areas: Climate and Environment Disability and Inclusion Education Entrepreneurship Sport and Health Sustainable Development Veterans, Refugees and Victims of Violence Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For more information and how to apply please click here.