If you lead a charity, community group or social enterprise you’ll be fully aware of the day-to-day challenges the role can bring, especially if you operate with limited resources.
Charity Mentors Kent and Medway, founded in 2019, offers free mentoring (typically for up to four months) to charity leaders from across the county providing support on matters such as:
- supporting and encouraging managers in clarifying options and priorities;
- decisions about the development and direction of the organisation;
- managing change and how to articulate it;
- decisions concerning structure and staffing;
- exploring how an organisation might move to the “next step” in terms of growth and sustainability;
- positioning and purpose of an organisation to enable strategic focus and better funding applications;
- identifying resource requirements;
- working through trustees and governance issues; or
- help with being new in role as a manager or CEO.
Their mentors have top level management experience in the business or the voluntary sectors and will seek to help you gain a fresh perspective on leading your organisation. During your mentoring, your assigned mentor will talk through the issues you face and aid you to find your own solutions and conclusions. The whole mentorship is designed around you, your organisation and your needs.
The service has already supported many leading Kent and Medway charities and is receiving fantastic feedback from mentees – see their Facebook page for full reviews.
Funding for All are delighted to have this new addition of support for Kent and Medway’s voluntary sector and looks forward to working together in the future.
If you would like to know more about Charity Mentors or would like to make an enquiry for their support please visit their website for details.