Funder Tuesdays, in partnership with Stronger Kent Communities, is your opportunity to hear from a fantastic line up of local and national funders followed by the chance to ask your questions.
If you missed our March sessions, do not worry! Our guest speakers have kindly allowed their presentations and top tips to be shared with you.
BBC Children in Need
On Tuesday 2 March 2021, we were joined by BBC Children in Need Regional Officer, Sophie Charles. Not only did Sophie share some great top tips, but also some useful links which you can find below:
- Minimum Standards for Grantmaking
- A-Z Guidance
- Small Grants Application Form Guidance
- Main Grants Application Form Guidance
Things to remember when applying to BBC Children in Need:
- Make sure your organisations meet’s BBC Children in Need’s Minimum Standards
- They know the data – they want to hear how well you know the issues affecting disadvantaged children and young people in your community, the problems they face and why you are best placed to support
- Keep your idea simple and be specific
- Tell them the impact your project will have on the young people and how you are making a positive difference
- Keep your three outcomes simple, achievable and defined e.g. Children will improve their relationships with their families or children will have more fun
- Explain how you will monitor and evidence your outcomes
- Projects can include family members but ensure it is always child-focussed
- Involve children and young people in the planning, delivery and evaluation of your project
- Avoid running projects that run within school hours
- Follow NSPCC Safeguarding policies and procedures – Checklist (due to be updated in May 2021), Safeguarding Standards and how to write your own Safeguarding Policy Statement
- Make sure your outcomes are appropriate and realistic to the money you are applying for
- Direct projects costs only (can include project staff costs)
If you’d like to discuss your Kent or Medway project in more detail before applying, you can contact Sophie via:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0303 081 7791
See Sophie’s full presentation here.