First Steps to Fundraising, a virtual conference with Funding for All and The National Lottery Community Fund aimed at small charities, voluntary organisations, community groups and social enterprises from Kent and Medway.
About this event
This virtual conference is the first of three, tailored to organisations and groups that are perhaps new to fundraising, preparing to submit their first application to The National Lottery Community Fund or are thinking of taking their first steps into digital fundraising…
Each conference will explore different fundraising themes and skills. During our first virtual conference, we will cover:
- what funding is out there for heritage and faith groups;
- the fundamental basics of fundraising;
- what support there is to help you develop your fundraising skills;
- how to prepare budgets for a funding application; and
- how to use social media for fundraising.
These sessions will also offer the opportunity to:
- introduce yourselves to The National Lottery Community Fund’s Reaching Communities Kent and Medway team and hear about their funding programmes;
- learn how Funding for All can support your group; and
- ask questions about your project directly to a panel of fundraising experts.
Friday 21 January 2022
10am: Welcome from Funding for All
10.05am: First Steps to Fundraising presentation
10.15am: Introduction to The National Lottery Community Fund
10.25am: Round 1 of break out sessions
- Room 1: Meet the Funder: The National Lottery Community Fund – Find out more and ask your questions to the Reaching Communities’ Funding Officers (Kent and Medway area)
- Room 2: Fundraising Skills (Social Media) – learn more about getting your message out on social media to the right people and ask your digital fundraising questions to a Funding for All mentor
- Room 3: Fundraising Skills (Budgets) – a brief introduction to preparing budgets for funding applications and ask your questions to a Funding for All mentor
- Room 4: Fundraising Theme (Faith Groups) – find out what funding is available for faith groups and ask your questions to a Funding for All mentor
- Room 5: Fundraising Theme (Heritage Groups) – find out what funding is available for heritage groups and ask your questions to a Funding for All mentor
10.50am: Round 2 of break out sessions
- Rooms 1 – 5 as above (select your room choices at time of booking)
11.15am: Panel Q&A – put your fundraising-related questions to our panel of experts.
Places are limited to just 60 so don’t delay. Book today and launch your project into fundraising success!
By clicking ‘Book now’ a new tab will open and you will be redirected to our Eventbrite page. Please allow pop-ups.