The Yapp Charitable Trust offers grants to small registered charities with a total annual expenditure of less than £40,000 who are undertaking work with the following priority groups:
- Elderly people
- Children and young people aged 5 – 25
- People with physical impairments, learning difficulties or mental health challenges
- Social welfare – people trying to overcome life-limiting problems of a social, rather than medical, origin (such as addiction, relationship difficulties, abuse, offending)
- Education and learning (with a particular interest in people who are educationally disadvantaged, whether adults or children)
The Trust prioritises:
- Work that is unattractive to the general public or unpopular with other funders
- Services that help to improve the lives of marginalised, disadvantaged or isolated people
- Applicants that can demonstrate an effective use of volunteers
- Charities that seek to be preventive and aim to change opinion and behaviour through raising awareness of issues, education and campaigning
- Applicants that can demonstrate (where feasible) an element of self sustainability by charging subscriptions/fees to service users
Applications that don’t address at least two of the above are unlikely to receive a grant.
Grants are normally for a maximum of £3,000 per year and they will fund for up to three years. Core costs are preferred and only existing work that has been running for at least a year will be funded.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. Trustees meet three times a year to review applications. Decisions can take up to five months.
For more information and to apply please click here.
Other Youth Funds
Ford Britain Trust: Large GrantsSunday January 31st, 2021 11:59pm
The Ford Britain Trust awards grants of up to £3,000 to: Registered charities; Schools/PTAs (Non-fee paying, state sector schools only. Independent/private; fee paying schools will not be considered); and Non-profit organisations (including small clubs and societies). CICs and individuals are not eligible to apply. Although open to all, the Trust has a particular interest in…Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Youth
Ford Britain Trust: Small GrantsSunday February 28th, 2021 11:59pm
The Ford Britain Trust awards small grants of up to £250 to: Registered charities; Schools/PTAs (Non-fee paying, state sector schools only. Independent/private; fee paying schools will not be considered); and Non-profit organisations (including small clubs and societies). CICs and individuals are not eligible to apply. Although open to all, the Trust has a particular interest…Youth
Tesco: Bags of Help Community Grants
Tesco’s Bags of Help, administrated by Groundwork, awards grants up to £1,000 to charities and community organisations whose projects bring benefits to local residents. During October, November and December 2020 the grant scheme will prioritise projects which are focused on supporting local children and young people. Applications are assessed by Groundwork to ensure they are…Health & Social Care Youth
the7stars Foundation offers three streams of funding: project applications for 16 year olds and under; long term applications for 16 year olds and under; and direct funding for 18 year olds and under. The Foundation prioritises projects that are for those challenged by abuse; addiction; those who are young carers; those who find themselves in…