The Yapp Charitable Trust 0ffer grants to small registered charities with a total annual expenditure of less than £40,000 who are undertaking work with the following priority groups:
- Elderly people
- Children and young people aged 5 – 25
- People with physical impairments, learning difficulties or mental health challenges
- Social welfare – people trying to overcome life-limiting problems of a social, rather than medical, origin (such as addiction, relationship difficulties, abuse, offending)
- Education and learning (with a particular interest in people who are educationally disadvantaged, whether adults or children)
The Trust prioritises:
- Work that is unattractive to the general public or unpopular with other funders
- Services that help to improve the lives of marginalised, disadvantaged or isolated people
- Applicants that can demonstrate an effective use of volunteers
- Charities that seek to be preventive and aim to change opinion and behaviour through raising awareness of issues, education and campaigning
- Applicants that can demonstrate (where feasible) an element of self sustainability by charging subscriptions/fees to service users
Applications that don’t address at least two of the above are unlikely to receive a grant.
Grants are normally for a maximum of £3,000 per year and they will fund for up to three years. Core costs are preferred and only existing work that has been running for at least a year will be funded.
For more information and to apply please click here.
Other Older People Funds
Ageless Thanet: Community FundTuesday March 12th, 2019
The Ageless Thanet Community Fund is one year old and to celebrate this, the amount that community groups, charities and individuals can apply for has increased to £3,500 (normally £1,000) for this coming round! The Fund welcomes applications of up to £3,500 for new projects, or the expansion of existing projects, that combat social isolation and loneliness…Health & Social Care Older People
Masonic Charitable Foundation: Later Life Inclusion Grant
The Masonic Charitable Foundation’s Later Life Inclusion Grant awards grants of up to £150,000 to local and national charities who are working to reduce loneliness and isolation in later life (those over 50 years old). Grants can be used for charitable activities such as: Support for emotional and psychological planning for later life Digital inclusion sessions…Local Grants Older People
The Pargiter TrustFriday March 29th, 2019
The Pargiter Trust, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, awards grants of up to £5,000 to not-for-profit organisations who are providing support to elderly people living in Kent and Medway who are over 65 years of age. The Fund will support projects meeting one or more of the following themes: • Improving Health and Wellbeing: Reducing…Older People
Bring Joy Foundation
The Bring Joy Foundation awards donations of up to £5,000 to UK not-for-profit organisations, groups and charities that demonstrate their commitment to creating activities designed to improve the lives of the elderly. Events, activities or pastimes that bring the joy and fun back into ageing will be considered. For example, a day care centre organising a…