The Alpkit Foundation awards grants and in-kind support to grassroots direct action projects that tackle issues such as the community response to Covid-19, diversity and inclusion in the outdoors, participation, education, conservation and protection of our natural environment and health and wellbeing.
The Foundation’s support seeks to help projects get off the ground. This could be in the form of:
- £50 to £500 cash to individuals, community groups, schools and organisations to encourage people to get outdoors and have great experiences that otherwise couldn’t happen; e.g. giving a cash grant to a school to fund transport costs; or
- provide discounted equipment for outdoor adventures and trips to individuals, groups, schools and organisations that wouldn’t be viable without support from the Alpkit Foundation.
The Foundation seeks to support:
- outdoor educational programs; e.g. grants for outdoor First Aiders or Mountain Leader Training that wouldn’t be possible without Alpkit Foundation support;
- proactive conservation and environmental projects; e.g. community gardens and allotments or grants to help re-wild woodland and protect our wild places; or
- projects which encourage the development of facilities for outdoor skills and activities to be experienced by wider groups who otherwise may miss out e.g. cycling, climbing, outdoor swimming facilities.
There’s no limit to the number of times you can apply for an award.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme
This fund is not managed by Funding for All. Please click ‘Find out more’ and contact the funder directly for more information.
Other Health & Social Care Funds
Postcode Innovation Trust: Postcode Dream FundMonday November 1st, 2021 5:30pm
The Postcode Dream Fund awards grants of up to £1.25m to charitable organisation across Great Britain in order to deliver the project they have always dreamed of, but never had the opportunity to bring to life. The Trust asks organisations to think big, be ambitious and collaborate with other not-for-profit partners to deliver their dream…Health & Social Care Older People Youth
Asda Foundation: Bringing Communities Back Together (Phase 2)Monday November 1st, 2021 11:59pm
Asda Foundation’s Bringing Communities Back Together makes grants of between £500 and £1,000 to grassroots community groups in need which support, help, and encourage inclusiveness for all. Asda Foundation is looking to fund the core needs to improve lives and ensure all communities thrive. The Foundation welcomes applications from not-for-profit groups which: have a presence…Education & Employment Health & Social Care Youth
Ashworth Charitable Trust
The Ashworth Charitable Trust supports humanitarian causes operating locally, nationally and internationally by awarding grants of up to £5,000 (typically no more that £3,000) to small, UK registered charities. The work of the Trust is informed by a set of underlying principles: The oneness of humanity; The establishment of true justice; The paramount importance of…Health & Social Care
Leeds Building Society Foundation
Leeds Building Society Foundation awards grants of up to £1,000 to UK registered charities (annual income under £1 million) which support those who are disadvantaged or in vulnerable circumstances. The Foundation primarily provides funding towards practical items (capital expenditure) that directly support those in need including those with disabilities, affected by homelessness, or with serious…