The objects of the Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation are to promote the arts, culture and heritage for the public benefit. As well as providing Musical Theatre scholarships and supporting projects through The Architectural Heritage Fund, the Trustees welcome applications to support projects in the areas of culture, heritage and the arts.
The Foundation wishes to award projects that make a real and ongoing difference to people’s lives. Priority will be given to projects that enable people to develop skills and careers in heritage and in all areas of the performing arts (music, dance and drama) but other areas will be considered. Trustees have a particular interest in projects around Victorian art and architecture and/or connected to music and the performing arts.
When reviewing applications the Trustees look for projects that fulfil the following criteria:
- The project fulfils the Foundation’s charitable objectives.
- The project targets those who would not otherwise be able to participate, either due to lack of funding or access to the provision in other identifiable ways.
- The extent to which the project will make a difference to people’s lives.
- The organisation applying for funds can be validated. It can be demonstrated that the project is viable and sustainable.
- The project’s aim is to provide an ongoing benefit.
- The project has a creditable history of being successful in its objectives.
- The project is well managed.
- The quality of the activity in relation to the arts, culture and / or heritage.
- The quality of skills that will be taught.
- The project provides professional tuition or education.
- If your application is for a heritage project, it should be defined to a particular part of the project.
- The budget plan provided shows a realistic outcome.
The Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation sets no maximum amount you can apply for, but where appropriate, the Trustees would expect you to have secured a significant proportion of funding prior to sending in your application.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. Trustees meet three to four times a year. The deadline for applications to be considered at the next Trustee meeting in Spring 2018 is Friday 5 January 2018.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Heritage Funds
Ecclesiastical: Movement for GoodFriday July 26th, 2019
Ecclesiastical’s Movement for Good awards are giving £1 million to remarkable charitable organisations (from community groups to larger charities) supporting one or more of the following areas their communities care about: the advancement of education and skills; citizenship or community development; arts, culture or heritage. The programme will operate two funding categories: £1,000 donations to…Heritage Loans
Architectural Heritage Fund: Heritage Impact Fund
Architectural Heritage Fund’s Heritage Impact Fund offers tailored finance for charities, social enterprises and community businesses across the UK to develop sustainable heritage at the very heart of vibrant local economies. Loans from £25,000 to £500,000 for up to three years with tailored terms and both flexible and incentivised interest rates are available for impactful projects.…Heritage
The National Lottery Heritage Fund: National Lottery Grant for Heritage
The National Lottery Grant for Heritage fund offers between £3,000 to £5million to not for profit organisations with projects that connect people and communities to the national, regional and local heritage of the UK. As a guide, this could include: oral history cultural traditions nature natural and designed landscapes community archaeology historic buildings, monuments and…Arts & Culture Heritage Religion
Idlewild Trust: Conservation Grant – Objects and Works of Art
The Idlewild Trust awards grants of up to £5,000 to UK registered charities and churches that are excepted as charities (income is under £100,000 per annum) with projects that aim to conserve historic or artistically important objects and works of art including artefacts, textiles, furniture, metalwork, manuscripts, wall paintings, tombs and stained glass of high quality.…