The Big Lottery Fund’s Building Connections Fund awards grants of between £30,000 and £100,000 to charities and VCSE organisations to support projects that are able to prevent or reduce loneliness. Religious organisations are eligible to apply as long as the project benefits the wider community.
Applications must meet the following criteria:
- The value of the grant requested in each financial year is not more than 50% of your annual income.
- You are applying to extend or increase the reach or impact of an existing project.
- Grants cannot be used to deliver existing work currently being funded by anyone else.
- You have a UK bank account in your organisation’s name.
- Your organisation has at least two unconnected people on the board or management committee (not related by blood or marriage or living at the same address). Unregistered organisations should be constituted.
- You will spend a minimum of 20% of your whole budget before 31 March 2019 and give evidence of your spend by mid April 2019.
- You’re committed to working with our evaluator and implementing a shared measurement approach, and sharing the resulting evidence, data and learning.
Both revenue (salaries, training, venue hire, equipment, marketing, evaluation etc.) and capital (including up to 30% of your funding of capital costs to buy, maintain or improve fixed assets that are linked to transport and travel) costs can be applied for.
Deadline: Friday 24 August 2018, 12 noon
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Big Lottery Funds
Department for Media, Culture & Sport & Big Lottery Fund: #iwillFundSunday October 14th, 2018
The Department for Media, Culture & Sport and Big Lottery Fund’s #iwillFund, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, awards grants of between £1,000 – £5,000 to UK registered charities, constituted community groups and other charitable organisations including Social Enterprises and CICs with projects which aim to make social action part of life for as many 10 to 20 year-olds…Big Lottery
Big Lottery Fund: Building Connections FundFriday August 24th, 2018
The Big Lottery Fund’s Building Connections Fund awards grants of between £30,000 and £100,000 to charities and VCSE organisations to support projects that are able to prevent or reduce loneliness. Religious organisations are eligible to apply as long as the project benefits the wider community. Applications must meet the following criteria: The value of the…Big Lottery
Big Lottery Fund: Reaching Communities England
Big Lottery Fund’s Reaching Communities England awards grants of over £10,000 to charities, voluntary and community groups and social enterprises who want to take action on the issues that matter to people and communities. Applications must demonstrate how your ideas will make positive changes in your community. Current project priorities are: bring people together and…Big Lottery
Big Lottery Fund: Partnerships
Big Lottery Fund’s Partnerships programme awards grants over £10,000 to charities, voluntary and community groups, social enterprises, schools and town/parish councils who share responsibility and influence with others, who have a shared set of goals and values, and achieve their mission by starting with the bigger picture rather than just what their organisation can do on its…