The Church Urban Fund’s Together Funds programme offers grants of up to £5,000 for faith-based organisations to engage in social action, either for initiating or developing community work.
The activity should meet the following primary criteria:
- It must be directly tackling poverty. We favour activities that are working directly with people in need.
- The lead applicant must be faith-based.
- Applicants need to be working in partnership with at least one other organisation. These do not need to be faith-based.
- The activity must have a local focus, being based locally with community involvement in identifying needs, initiating responses and running the project.
In addition to the above criteria, CUF also assess applications by a number of priorities. These are:
- Activity linked to or supported by a member organisation of the Together Network.
- Activity identified by dioceses as being key to the reduction of deprivation in their
- Activity that involves and encourages volunteering.
- Activity that raises capacity and encourages learning, which leads people onto new
Applications can be submitted at any time.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Religion Funds
National Churches Trust: Gateway Grants
The National Churches Trust’s Gateway Grants makes grants of between £3,000 and £10,000 towards project development and investigative work up to RIBA planning stage 1, to support churches preparing for a major project, and in developing their project to the point at which they can approach a major grant funder. Grants will never exceed 50%…Religion
National Churches Trust: Foundation Grants – for Maintenance
The National Churches Trust’s Foundation Grants programme makes grants of up to £5,000 towards urgent maintenance works and small repairs identified as high priority within a recent Quinquennial Inspection or Survey Report. As well as, small investigative works and surveys. Project costs should be up to £10,000 excluding VAT and awards will never exceed 50%…Religion
The Rank Foundation: Pebble Grants
The Rank Foundation’s Pebble Grants programme awards up to £4,000 to UK registered charities and recognised churches (annual income under £500,000) which are raising money for projects where the total cost is less than £150,000. Funding can be spent on: short breaks e.g. an annual respite break or holiday for disadvantaged young people; equipment e.g.…Religion
Marshall’s Charity: Church Restoration Grants
Marshall’s Charity’s Church Restoration Grant awards funding to Anglican churches within the dioceses of: Canterbury Guildford Lincoln Southwark. For 2021, churches within the diocese of Rochester need to consult the diocese directly. While grants are for building projects, Trustees want to support projects where the building works will benefit the mission and ministry of the…