The Church Urban Fund’s Together Funds programme offers grants of up to £5,000 for faith-based organisations to engage in social action, either for initiating or developing community work.
The activity should meet the following primary criteria:
- It must be directly tackling poverty. We favour activities that are working directly with people in need.
- The lead applicant must be faith-based.
- Applicants need to be working in partnership with at least one other organisation. These do not need to be faith-based.
- The activity must have a local focus, being based locally with community involvement in identifying needs, initiating responses and running the project.
In addition to the above criteria, CUF also assess applications by a number of priorities. These are:
- Activity linked to or supported by a member organisation of the Together Network.
- Activity identified by dioceses as being key to the reduction of deprivation in their
- Activity that involves and encourages volunteering.
- Activity that raises capacity and encourages learning, which leads people onto new
Applications can be submitted at any time.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Religion Funds
The Anchor Foundation
The Anchor Foundation offers grants for Christian charities who are working to address social exclusion with a particular interest in charities working within healing and the arts. The Foundation only supports registered charities and offers grants in the range of £500 to £10,000. Applicants need to request funds towards a specific project with the Foundation…Arts & Culture Religion
Cottam Will Trust
The Cottam Will Trust, administrated by Friends of Friendless Churches, awards grants for new or salvaged works of art in medieval churches. This has previously included statues, murals, paintings, stained glass, altars and altar frontals. Anyone can apply but the Trust encourages applications from Parochial Church Councils (PCCs), or artists themselves with the backing of…Arts & Culture Heritage Religion
Idlewild Trust: Conservation Grant – Objects and Works of Art
The Idlewild Trust awards grants of up to £5,000 to UK registered charities and churches that are excepted as charities (income is under £100,000 per annum) with projects that aim to conserve historic or artistically important objects and works of art including artefacts, textiles, furniture, metalwork, manuscripts, wall paintings, tombs and stained glass of high quality.…Religion
National Churches Trust: Cornerstone Grants
The National Churches Trust’s Cornerstone Grants programme awards grants of between £10,000 and £50,000 towards the cost of urgent structural repair projects costed at more than £100,000 including VAT. The Trust will also consider projects that introduce kitchens and accessible toilets to enable increased community use, costed at more than £30,000 including VAT. Grants will never exceed…