The Colyer-Fergusson Charitable Trust’s Investing in Rehabilitation programme awards grants to support the rehabilitation of offenders and help reduce the collateral consequences of their imprisonment for their families; with the overall aim of reducing reoffending and making the communities of Kent safer.
This programme will fund local organisations working in Kent and national charities currently offering, or planning to offer their services in the county. Collaborative/partnership working is particularly welcome, but consortium applications must be submitted by a ‘lead’ organisation.
The programme will fund a wide range of work including, but not exclusively:
• Mentoring services – including peer mentors;
• Pre-& post release support in areas such as gaining employment or accommodation;
• Schemes for developing self-awareness and personal growth including through the arts,
sport or work with animals;
• Family engagement – helping prisoners to stay in touch with their children and families;
• Restorative justice and schemes that allow offenders to ‘give something back’;
• Community outreach for those at risk of offending;
• Challenging stereotypes – programmes that counter the negative perceptions of exoffenders as a homogeneous group;
• Move-on and half-way house provision.
Extra priority will be given to groups that:
• clearly explain the focus of their work and define its intended outcomes
• demonstrate a commitment to service user involvement
• demonstrate collaborative/partnership working.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Local Grants Funds
Land Securities LINK Fund
The Land Securities LINK Fund awards grants of up to £5,000 to small, local voluntary and community groups and charities in the Swanscombe/Northfleet area. Projects which benefit young people with a focus on NEETS, education and training projects with a focus on addressing employability and homelessness are eligible to apply. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For…Local Grants Youth
Albert Burns Children’s Charitable Trust FundMonday November 30th, 2020
The Albert Burns Children’s Charitable Trust Fund awards grants of up to £5,000 to small organisation providing direct support to young people (under 18 years old) in East Kent, in particular Thanet. Deadline: Monday 30 November 2020 For more information and how to apply please click here.Local Grants
Medway Corporate Giving Fund
The Medway Corporate Giving Fund awards grants of up to £3,500 to innovative Medway-based projects which make a real difference in the local community and help those most in need. Charities will be given the opportunity to present their project to a panel of local businesses. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. Decisions are made twice per year.…Covid 19 Health & Social Care Local Grants Older People Youth
Kent Community Foundation: Coronavirus Emergency Fund
Kent Community Foundation’s (KCF) Coronavirus Emergency Fund offers emergency funding of up to £10,000 to small grassroots community organisations in Kent and Medway to deal with emerging issues in the community affecting vulnerable people as a result of the continuing threat of Coronavirus. Priority will be given to smaller constituted community groups e.g. charities/CICs, with…