The Colyer-Fergusson Charitable Trust’s Investing in Rehabilitation programme awards grants to support the rehabilitation of offenders and help reduce the collateral consequences of their imprisonment for their families; with the overall aim of reducing reoffending and making the communities of Kent safer.
This programme will fund local organisations working in Kent and national charities currently offering, or planning to offer their services in the county. Collaborative/partnership working is particularly welcome, but consortium applications must be submitted by a ‘lead’ organisation.
The programme will fund a wide range of work including, but not exclusively:
• Mentoring services – including peer mentors;
• Pre-& post release support in areas such as gaining employment or accommodation;
• Schemes for developing self-awareness and personal growth including through the arts,
sport or work with animals;
• Family engagement – helping prisoners to stay in touch with their children and families;
• Restorative justice and schemes that allow offenders to ‘give something back’;
• Community outreach for those at risk of offending;
• Challenging stereotypes – programmes that counter the negative perceptions of exoffenders as a homogeneous group;
• Move-on and half-way house provision.
Extra priority will be given to groups that:
• clearly explain the focus of their work and define its intended outcomes
• demonstrate a commitment to service user involvement
• demonstrate collaborative/partnership working.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Local Grants Funds
KENT COMMUNITY FOUNDATION: CORONA VIRUS EMERGENCY FUND
Coronavirus is presenting new and significant challenges to voluntary organisations across Kent & Medway, making it harder for them to support vulnerable people at exactly the time when the needs of these vulnerable people may be increasing hugely. The Kent Community Foundation recognise this, and the financial implications of the pandemic on the sector, and…Local Grants
Ramsgate Town Council: Ramsgate Fund
Ramsgate Town Council offer funding towards local projects that will benefit the Ramsgate community. No maximum grant size is stipulated. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. The deadline for submission of applications is two weeks before the Full Council meeting (calendar). For more information and how to apply please click here.Local Grants
Ramsgate Town Council: Ramsgate Events Fund
Ramsgate Town Council offer funding towards local events that will benefit the Ramsgate community. No maximum grant size is stipulated. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. The Town Promotion Committee meet twice a year to review applications – March and September. The deadline for submission of applications for the 4 September 2019 meeting will be 14 August 2019. …Local Grants
NFU Mutual: Community Giving Fund
NFU Mutual’s Community Giving Fund awards donations of up to £1,000, to support community events, charities, schools and community group activities that are local to NFU Mutual operations across the UK. Specific events/items are preferred so they can measure the difference their donation has made. For example, purchasing an item of equipment or furniture, or…