The Colyer-Fergusson Charitable Trust (CFCT)’s Investing in Young People grant programme seeks to support disadvantaged young people living at the margins of society; with the aim of improving their skills, building their confidence and resilience and supporting their transition into independence.
The Trust is interested to hear from organisations in Kent working with:
• disengaged, disadvantaged and/or vulnerable young people aged 14-25
• young people in or leaving care aged 14-25
• young offenders and those at risk of offending aged 14-25
• unemployed young people – aged 16-25, not in education, training or employment (NEETS)
Organisations must be a registered charity, CIC, social enterprise or other properly constituted not-for-profit organisation with a management committee with at least three unrelated members
• Organisations must be working to benefit young people living in Kent. Please note Greater London boroughs, previously within Kent are not eligible
• Funding will not be allocated for core costs of an existing service unless this will unlock new opportunities or extend the service in some way.
• Organisations must be able to provide at least two years of published financial accounts
• Grants can be paid only into a UK bank account in the organisation’s name.
Extra priority will be given to groups that:
• work in a particularly disadvantaged or deprived area
• have limited access to other sources of income
• clearly define the need they are addressing
• clearly demonstrate the benefit to young people
• demonstrate a commitment to service user involvement
• can demonstrate partnership working
• offer matched funding opportunities.
Organisations can apply for a one-off or multi-year grant. Ideally, requests for a multi-year grant should taper downwards each year. There is no minimum or maximum grant size for this programme, but
applicants should be aware that large grant requests are significantly less likely to be approved and take considerably longer to process.
Please note – the total grant cannot be greater than 50% of your most recent annual turnover
Please note, the total annual grant cannot be greater than 50% of your most recent annual turnover. Funding will not be allocated for core costs of an existing service unless this will unlock new opportunities or extend the service in some way.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Youth Funds
Land Securities LINK Fund
The Land Securities LINK Fund awards grants of up to £5,000 to small, local voluntary and community groups and charities in the Swanscombe/Northfleet area. Projects which benefit young people with a focus on NEETS, education and training projects with a focus on addressing employability and homelessness are eligible to apply. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For…Local Grants Youth
Albert Burns Children’s Charitable Trust FundMonday November 30th, 2020
The Albert Burns Children’s Charitable Trust Fund awards grants of up to £5,000 to small organisation providing direct support to young people (under 18 years old) in East Kent, in particular Thanet. Deadline: Monday 30 November 2020 For more information and how to apply please click here.Covid 19 Health & Social Care Local Grants Older People Youth
Kent Community Foundation: Coronavirus Emergency Fund
Kent Community Foundation’s (KCF) Coronavirus Emergency Fund offers emergency funding of up to £10,000 to small grassroots community organisations in Kent and Medway to deal with emerging issues in the community affecting vulnerable people as a result of the continuing threat of Coronavirus. Priority will be given to smaller constituted community groups e.g. charities/CICs, with…Youth
Leslie Sell Charitable Trust
The Leslie Sell Charitable Trust provides financial assistance to the Scouting and Guiding movement to help with the cost of making building repairs, purchasing equipment or replacing minibuses. Assistance is also given to groups and individuals wishing to make trips in the UK or overseas. Unfortunately the Trustees are unable to consider applications for trips submitted…