CRASH is the Construction Industry’s charity! CRASH assists UK registered homelessness and hospice charities with their construction related projects. CRASH supports organisations with the practical elements of their building projects, from architects and surveyors to bricks and concrete by sourcing on their behalf pro-bono or discounted professional expertise and materials from CRASH’s Patron Companies and others within the industry. CRASH can also award cash grants which are made possible through the generosity of the construction and property industry.
NOTE: CRASH is not a large grant giving body and grants are only awarded (if approved by their grants committee) when their Patron Companies are also involved through providing professional expertise and materials. If you are solely looking for a grant, then CRASH is not suitable for you.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- CRASH can only accept applications that relate to your buildings.
- Applicants must have a legal interest in the building, unless your application relates to requesting professional advice regarding a building you wish to lease or buy.
Homelessness charities must also:
- Own the freehold for the building or hold the Lease. CRASH cannot consider applications for leases that have less than five years to run.
- Be currently delivering, or will deliver, services to single homeless men and women over the age of 18; and be providing services for at least four days a week.
- Priority will be given to applications that relate to delivering accommodation and day services.
Hospice charities must also:
- Own the freehold for the building or hold the Lease. CRASH cannot consider applications for leases that have ten years or less to run.
- Deliver in-patient and or day services to people in need of end of life care.
- Please note, CRASH cannot consider applications for hospice charity shops.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. The first stage of the application process is to phone CRASH to confirm eligibility.
For more information and how to apply, please click here.
Other Health & Social Care Funds
St James’s Palace Charitable Foundation: Small Grants Programme
St James’s Palace Charitable Foundation’s Small Grants Programme awards grants of up to £10,000 (in any two-year rolling period) to UK registered charities and Special Needs Schools in the UK with projects that fall into one of the following themes: Supporting young people with special needs Disadvantaged young people Supporting people with cancer The Foundation…Health & Social Care Sports
Sport England: This Girl Can Community FundTuesday February 25th, 2020
Sport England’s This Girl Can Community Fund awards National Lottery grants of up to £10,000 to support women aged 16+ to get active by overcoming the barriers some women face in getting active: from a lack of opportunities offered in their local area, to cost and availability of childcare. Applications are invited from from not-for-profit…Education & Employment Health & Social Care Older People Youth
Kent Community Foundation: Themed Funds
Kent Community Foundation’s Themed Fund programme awards grants of up to £5,000 (£7,500 considered for exceptional applications) to not-for-profit organisations and registered charities with projects in one of the following themed areas: Employment, Skills & EnterpriseProjects which raise the aspirations and increase the skills and opportunities of people who are far from the labour market…Health & Social Care Sports
Swimathon Foundation: Community Grants SchemeFriday March 13th, 2020
The Swimathon Foundation Community Grants Scheme offers funding of between £500-£2,000 to groups and individuals who provide and promote swimming in their local community. Groups include, but are not limited to: Community groups Swimming clubs Senior groups Youth groups Sports clubs Disability charities Healthy living groups Applicants must be supported by pools that are participating…