The Enovert Community Trust (formerly Cory Environmental Trust in Britain) awards grants of up to £50,000 (guide amount) to not-for-profit organisations under the terms of the Landfill Communities Fund.
Funding is to a support a broad range of community and environmental projects that fulfil at least one of the Trust’s objectives:
- Funding of high-quality projects which bring maximum impact to as broad a section of the community as possible.
- Funding of projects in communities that are located within ten miles of a landfill facility operated by Enovert Limited or within ten miles of a waste facility managed by the company (Greatness Quarry, Farm Road, Greatness, Sevenoaks, Kent TN14 5BP). Many of these communities are disadvantaged compared to the national average and the Trust seeks to prioritise projects that improve community amenities in such areas.
- Funding of projects that help deliver biodiversity conservation for UK species, but which also engage with the local community where possible.
- Funding of projects that will deliver enhanced recreational facilities which are accessible for the whole community.
Projects could include improving community halls, the creation of new play areas and skate parks, and restoring green spaces. Your facility must be available to the general public as much as possible, and no less than four evenings or two days a week, or for more than 104 days per year.
Applicants are also required to state any other landfill sites that are within a ten mile radius of the project. These are:
- Addington Quarry (ME19 5DN) – 7.179km
- Arnolds Lodge Landfill Site (TN12 5HL) – 10.207km
- Borough Green Landfill (TN15 8DN) – 4.553km
- Bournewood Inert Landfill Site (BR8 7DP) – 7.020km
- Clacket Lane Sand Pit (TN16 2EP) – 6.815km
- Harpwood Residential (TN15 7RJ) – 5.643km
- Hartley Bottom Farm (DA3 8LJ) – 7.273km
- Manor Farm (DA5 3LX) – 10.064km
- Offham Landfill (ME19 5PF) – 7.256km
- Old Mill Farm (DA2 7QZ) – 8.682km
- Oxted Quarry (RH8 0QW) – 9.471km
- St Julians Quarry (TN15 0RS) – 4.025km
- Stangate Landfill (TN15 8RW) – 4.570km
- Stonecastle Farm Extension (TN12 6SD) – 10.612km
- Wrotham Quarry At Addington (ME19 5DL) – 7.533km
No maximum amount is specified, however up to £50,000 is given as a guide by the Trust. The Trust prefers to be the only funder for your project, or one of very few. If your project requires higher levels of funding you must have secured at least 60% of the total funding required before making a submission to the Trust. Fundraising by applicants is looked upon favourably by the Trustees.
Applicants will also be responsible to pay the Contributing Third Party payment – 10% of the amount awarded. This payment can come from an independent third party or be paid by the project applicant, as long as they are not a registered Environmental Body nor do they use the grant to pay it. The payment is made directly between the applicant and Enovert.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme with three Trustee meetings a year. To be considered at the next meeting applications must be received by:
- 6 December 2019 for a meeting on 21 January 2020.
- 24 April 2020 for 4 June 2020
- 14 August 2020 for 15 September 2020
- 11 December 2020 for January 2021 (date tbc)
For more information and how to apply pleas click here.
Other Local Grants Funds
Kent Community Foundation: Coronavirus Emergency Fund
Kent Community Foundation’s (KCF) Coronavirus Emergency Fund offers emergency funding of up to £10,000 to small grassroots community organisations in Kent and Medway to deal with emerging issues in the community affecting vulnerable people as a result of the continuing threat of Coronavirus. Priority will be given to smaller constituted community groups e.g. charities/CICs, with…Local Grants
Ramsgate Town Council: Ramsgate Fund
Ramsgate Town Council offer funding towards local projects that will benefit the Ramsgate community. No maximum grant size is stipulated. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. The deadline for submission of applications is two weeks before the Full Council meeting (calendar). For more information and how to apply please click here.Local Grants
Ramsgate Town Council: Ramsgate Events Fund
Ramsgate Town Council offer funding towards local events that will benefit the Ramsgate community. No maximum grant size is stipulated. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. The Town Promotion Committee meet twice a year to review applications – March and September. The deadline for submission of applications for the 4 September 2019 meeting will be 14 August 2019. …Local Grants
NFU Mutual: Community Giving Fund
NFU Mutual’s Community Giving Fund awards donations of up to £1,000, to support community events, charities, schools and community group activities that are local to NFU Mutual operations across the UK. Specific events/items are preferred so they can measure the difference their donation has made. For example, purchasing an item of equipment or furniture, or…