The Enovert Community Trust (formerly Cory Environmental Trust in Britain) awards grants of up to £50,000 (guide amount) to not-for-profit organisations under the terms of the Landfill Communities Fund.
Funding is to a support a broad range of community and environmental projects that fulfil at least one of the Trust’s objectives:
- Funding of high-quality projects which bring maximum impact to as broad a section of the community as possible.
- Funding of projects in communities that are located within ten miles of a landfill facility operated by Enovert Limited or within ten miles of a waste facility managed by the company (Greatness Quarry, Farm Road, Greatness, Sevenoaks, Kent TN14 5BP). Many of these communities are disadvantaged compared to the national average and the Trust seeks to prioritise projects that improve community amenities in such areas.
- Funding of projects that help deliver biodiversity conservation for UK species, but which also engage with the local community where possible.
- Funding of projects that will deliver enhanced recreational facilities which are accessible for the whole community.
Projects could include improving community halls, the creation of new play areas and skate parks, and restoring green spaces. Your facility must be available to the general public as much as possible, and no less than four evenings or two days a week, or for more than 104 days per year.
Applicants are also required to state any other landfill sites that are within a ten mile radius of the project. These are:
- Addington Quarry (ME19 5DN) – 7.179km
- Arnolds Lodge Landfill Site (TN12 5HL) – 10.207km
- Borough Green Landfill (TN15 8DN) – 4.553km
- Bournewood Inert Landfill Site (BR8 7DP) – 7.020km
- Clacket Lane Sand Pit (TN16 2EP) – 6.815km
- Harpwood Residential (TN15 7RJ) – 5.643km
- Hartley Bottom Farm (DA3 8LJ) – 7.273km
- Manor Farm (DA5 3LX) – 10.064km
- Offham Landfill (ME19 5PF) – 7.256km
- Old Mill Farm (DA2 7QZ) – 8.682km
- Oxted Quarry (RH8 0QW) – 9.471km
- St Julians Quarry (TN15 0RS) – 4.025km
- Stangate Landfill (TN15 8RW) – 4.570km
- Stonecastle Farm Extension (TN12 6SD) – 10.612km
- Wrotham Quarry At Addington (ME19 5DL) – 7.533km
No maximum amount is specified, however up to £50,000 is given as a guide by the Trust. The Trust prefers to be the only funder for your project, or one of very few. If your project requires higher levels of funding you must have secured at least 60% of the total funding required before making a submission to the Trust. Fundraising by applicants is looked upon favourably by the Trustees.
Applicants will also be responsible to pay the Contributing Third Party payment – 10% of the amount awarded. This payment can come from an independent third party or be paid by the project applicant, as long as they are not a registered Environmental Body nor do they use the grant to pay it. The payment is made directly between the applicant and Enovert.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme with three Trustee meetings a year. To be considered at the next meeting applications must be received by:
- 6 December 2019 for a meeting on 21 January 2020.
- 24 April 2020 for 4 June 2020
- 14 August 2020 for 15 September 2020
- 11 December 2020 for January 2021 (date tbc)
For more information and how to apply pleas click here.
Other Local Grants Funds
Orchard Community Energy: Community FundSaturday October 31st, 2020
Orchard Community Energy’s Community Fund awards grants of between £2,000 and £5,000 to charities from, and benefitting, the Kent districts of Swale and Medway. Projects should be ready to start in January 2021 and must address at least one of the following objectives: wildlife conservation; climate change; mitigation and/or adaption; the alleviation of fuel poverty;…Education & Employment Local Grants Youth
Land Securities LINK Fund
The Land Securities LINK Fund awards grants of up to £5,000 to small, local voluntary and community groups and charities in the Swanscombe/Northfleet area. Projects which benefit young people with a focus on NEETS, education and training projects with a focus on addressing employability and homelessness are eligible to apply. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For…Local Grants Youth
Albert Burns Children’s Charitable Trust FundMonday November 30th, 2020
The Albert Burns Children’s Charitable Trust Fund awards grants of up to £5,000 to small organisation providing direct support to young people (under 18 years old) in East Kent, in particular Thanet. Deadline: Monday 30 November 2020 For more information and how to apply please click here.Local Grants
Medway Corporate Giving Fund
The Medway Corporate Giving Fund awards grants of up to £3,500 to innovative Medway-based projects which make a real difference in the local community and help those most in need. Charities will be given the opportunity to present their project to a panel of local businesses. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. Decisions are made twice per year.…