European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020’s Low Carbon Across the South East (LoCASE) project helps businesses tackle and adapt to climate change. The fund aims to reduce costs by cutting emissions and to promote the opportunities of the low carbon market. To help achieve this goal, grants of up to £10,000 are available to small and medium businesses in the South East.
To be eligible for support, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- be a small or medium enterprise (SME). This includes:
- employing 250 (FTE) employees or less;
- having an annual turnover of £44M or less and an annual balance sheet of £38M or less; and
- if another firm owns more than a quarter of your company, they must meet the above criteria.
- your organisation must not have received more than approximately £180,000 of state aid in the last three years; and
- your organisation must be registered and operating in the counties of Kent, Essex or East Sussex.
Grants can be used to improve your business performance and profitability. The grant will form up to 40% of the cost of your eligible project, with the remainder matched by your business;
- Any business can use this money towards having energy efficiency measures installed for their business. The grant can contribute to both the cost of materials or equipment and any installation. Projects which save on fuel/mileage are also acceptable.
- If your business offers low carbon (or “green”) goods or services, a Business Development Grant is also available to you. You can claim against costs such as marketing, consultancy, equipment, IT software, product/process development, accreditation and certification.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme until Spring 2019.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Environmental Funds
Defra: Resource Action Fund – Small Scale GrantThursday July 11th, 2019
Administrated by The Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP), the Resource Action Fund offers funding to support new projects in England, aimed at resource efficiency. The grants will support key policy outcomes in the areas of food, plastics, textiles, recycling infrastructure and litter. The grant operates to funding streams: Large Scale Grant: Food Waste PreventionGrants…Environmental
Defra: Resource Action Fund – Large Scale GrantMonday July 1st, 2019
Administrated by The Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP), the Resource Action Fund offers funding to support new projects in England, aimed at resource efficiency. The grants will support key policy outcomes in the areas of food, plastics, textiles, recycling infrastructure and litter. The grant operates to funding streams: Large Scale Grant: Food Waste PreventionCapital…Environmental
Patagonia: Environmental Grants
Patagonia, the American clothing and outdoor gear company, awards grants of up to $12,000 to innovative local work that addresses the root causes of the environmental crisis and seeks to protect both the environment and affected communities. The company encourage work that brings underrepresented communities to the forefront of the environmental movement and defend communities…Environmental
Postcode Local Trust: Community GrantsWednesday August 14th, 2019
The Postcode Local Trust awards grants to charities and community groups with projects that fall into one of the Trust's 2019 themes: