European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020’s Low Carbon Across the South East (LoCASE) project helps businesses tackle and adapt to climate change. The fund aims to reduce costs by cutting emissions and to promote the opportunities of the low carbon market. To help achieve this goal, grants of up to £20,000 are available to small and medium enterprises (SME) in the South East.
To be eligible for support, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- be a small or medium enterprise (SME). This includes:
- employing 250 (FTE) employees or less;
- having an annual turnover of £44M or less and an annual balance sheet of £38M or less; and
- if another firm owns more than a quarter of your company, they must meet the above criteria.
- your organisation must not have received more than approximately £180,000 of state aid in the last three years; and
- your organisation must be registered and operating in the counties of Kent, Essex or East Sussex.
Grants can be used to improve your business performance and profitability. The grant will form up to 40% of the cost of your eligible project, with the remainder matched by your business;
- Any business can use this money towards having energy efficiency measures installed for their business. The grant can contribute to both the cost of materials or equipment and any installation. Projects which save on fuel/mileage are also acceptable.
- If your business offers low carbon (or “green”) goods or services, a Business Development Grant is also available to you. You can claim against costs such as marketing, consultancy, equipment, IT software, product/process development, accreditation and certification.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Environmental Funds
Postcode Innovation Trust: Postcode Dream FundMonday November 1st, 2021 5:30pm
The Postcode Dream Fund awards grants of up to £1.25m to charitable organisation across Great Britain in order to deliver the project they have always dreamed of, but never had the opportunity to bring to life. The Trust asks organisations to think big, be ambitious and collaborate with other not-for-profit partners to deliver their dream…Covid 19 Environmental
The National Lottery Community Fund: Bringing People Together
The National Lottery Community Fund’s Bringing People Together fund awards grants of up to £300,000 to charities, community groups, voluntary organisations and social enterprises. This programme is particularly interested in projects that focus on one or more of the following priorities: builds connections across communities, not just within existing communities; supports and explores what’s needed…Arts & Culture Community Buildings/Halls Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Older People Social Enterprise Youth
Matthew Good Foundation: Grants for GoodThursday December 16th, 2021 12:59am
The Matthew Good Foundation’s Grants for Good supports local community groups, charities, voluntary groups or social enterprises from across the UK with an annual income under £50,000 that have a positive impact on communities, people or the environment. Throughout 2021, the Foundation will share £10,000 between five shortlisted projects that have a positive impact on…Arts & Culture Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Older People Social Enterprise Youth
Paul Hamlyn Foundation: Ideas & Pioneers Fund
Paul Hamlyn Fondation’s Ideas and Pioneers Fund awards grants of up to £15,000 to support people with a vision of a better society to explore their ideas for change. The Fund seeks to support: Applications that focus on early stages of exploring ideas. This will mean that your activities will help you figure out the things…