European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020’s Low Carbon Across the South East (LoCASE) project helps businesses tackle and adapt to climate change. The fund aims to reduce costs by cutting emissions and to promote the opportunities of the low carbon market. To help achieve this goal, grants of up to £10,000 are available to small and medium businesses in the South East.
To be eligible for support, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- be a small or medium enterprise (SME). This includes:
- employing 250 (FTE) employees or less;
- having an annual turnover of £44M or less and an annual balance sheet of £38M or less; and
- if another firm owns more than a quarter of your company, they must meet the above criteria.
- your organisation must not have received more than approximately £180,000 of state aid in the last three years; and
- your organisation must be registered and operating in the counties of Kent, Essex or East Sussex.
Grants can be used to improve your business performance and profitability. The grant will form up to 40% of the cost of your eligible project, with the remainder matched by your business;
- Any business can use this money towards having energy efficiency measures installed for their business. The grant can contribute to both the cost of materials or equipment and any installation. Projects which save on fuel/mileage are also acceptable.
- If your business offers low carbon (or “green”) goods or services, a Business Development Grant is also available to you. You can claim against costs such as marketing, consultancy, equipment, IT software, product/process development, accreditation and certification.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme until Spring 2019.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Environmental Funds
The Liebreich Foundation
The Liebreich Foundation makes occasional small grants to charitable organisations focusing on the following areas: Climate and Environment Disability and Inclusion Education Entrepreneurship Sport and Health Sustainable Development Veterans, Refugees and Victims of Violence Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For more information and how to apply please click here.Environmental Health & Social Care
The Persula Foundation
The Persula Foundation awards grants to support charitable organisations and develop original charitable projects by providing grants. The Foundation’s current priorities are the homeless, the disabled, human rights and animal welfare. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme For more information and how to apply please contact: Teresa Chapman, Secretary The Persula Foundation Gallery Court Hankey Place London…Environmental Health & Social Care
The G D Charitable Trust
The G D Charitable Trust awards grants to registered charitable organisations that support: The relief of animal suffering The preservation of the environment The promotion of equal opportunities for people who are disabled The relief of the homeless Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For more information and how to apply please contact: Julia Strike Bircham Dyson…Environmental Health & Social Care Religion
The S M B Trust
The S M B Trust award grants of up to £2,000 to UK registered charities with activities that: support the Christian Faith; provide social care in the UK and abroad; provide famine/emergency aid; protect the environment and wildlife; or support education or medical research. Any expenditure will be considered. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. Applications are reviewed…