European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020’s Low Carbon Across the South East (LoCASE) project helps businesses tackle and adapt to climate change. The fund aims to reduce costs by cutting emissions and to promote the opportunities of the low carbon market. To help achieve this goal, grants of up to £20,000 are available to small and medium enterprises (SME) in the South East.
To be eligible for support, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- be a small or medium enterprise (SME). This includes:
- employing 250 (FTE) employees or less;
- having an annual turnover of £44M or less and an annual balance sheet of £38M or less; and
- if another firm owns more than a quarter of your company, they must meet the above criteria.
- your organisation must not have received more than approximately £180,000 of state aid in the last three years; and
- your organisation must be registered and operating in the counties of Kent, Essex or East Sussex.
Grants can be used to improve your business performance and profitability. The grant will form up to 40% of the cost of your eligible project, with the remainder matched by your business;
- Any business can use this money towards having energy efficiency measures installed for their business. The grant can contribute to both the cost of materials or equipment and any installation. Projects which save on fuel/mileage are also acceptable.
- If your business offers low carbon (or “green”) goods or services, a Business Development Grant is also available to you. You can claim against costs such as marketing, consultancy, equipment, IT software, product/process development, accreditation and certification.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Environmental Funds
Ford Britain Trust: Large GrantsSunday January 31st, 2021 11:59pm
The Ford Britain Trust awards grants of up to £3,000 to: Registered charities; Schools/PTAs (Non-fee paying, state sector schools only. Independent/private; fee paying schools will not be considered); and Non-profit organisations (including small clubs and societies). CICs and individuals are not eligible to apply. Although open to all, the Trust has a particular interest in…Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Youth
Ford Britain Trust: Small GrantsSunday February 28th, 2021 11:59pm
The Ford Britain Trust awards small grants of up to £250 to: Registered charities; Schools/PTAs (Non-fee paying, state sector schools only. Independent/private; fee paying schools will not be considered); and Non-profit organisations (including small clubs and societies). CICs and individuals are not eligible to apply. Although open to all, the Trust has a particular interest…Arts & Culture Environmental
The Finnis Scott Foundation
The Finnis Scott Foundation awards grants of up to £10,000 to projects in the areas of horticulture and plant sciences, as well as art history and the enhancement, conservation and preservation of art. Preference is given to smaller charities where a grant would have a significant impact. The Foundation funds both capital and revenue projects.…Covid 19 Environmental
Support Adoption For Pets
Support Adoption for Pets awards grants of up to £10,000 (or up to 30% of total annual expenditure, whichever is the lower amount) to charities and not-for-profit organisations whose main activity is either: the rescue and rehoming of UK domestic pets. These are cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, degus, mice, chinchillas, rats, parrots…