Independent Age’s Grant Fund is awarding grants of between £5,000 to £15,000 to help smaller organisations across the UK working with older people hardest hit by the virus. Applicants should request enough funds to see them through the next six months of delivery.
Priority areas for the funder are:
- Older people living in particularly complex and challenging situations; and
- Older people in danger of being out of sight and out of mind.
To be eligible organisations must:
- be registered as a charity with The Charity Commission for England and Wales, The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland, or The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR).
- have at least one paid member of staff (part-time is fine) and an annual income of £1 million or less (averaged across the last three financial years).
- be already working with older people in one or both of our two priority areas – older people living in particularly complex and challenging situations and older people in danger of being out of sight and out of mind.
- know what you want to do – or do better – to help make an immediate difference to their lives over the next six months.
Organisations that do not specialise in work with older people are welcome to apply – but you must already be providing services for older people as part of your work and to be able to demonstrate what you have achieved.
Deadline: There are four separate funding rounds. In each round £500,000 will be available where organisations can apply to receive up to £15,000 each.
Round 1: 4 June 2020, 9am (closing) / 19 June 2020 (decision)
Round 2: 2 July 2020, 9am (closing) / 17 July 2020 (decision)
Round 3: 21 August 2020, 9am (closing) / 3 September 2020 (decision)
Round 4: 18 September 2020, 9am (closing) / 1 October 2020 (decision)
Please note, only one application can be submitted for this fund. If you have been unsuccessful, you will not be able to re-apply in a later funding round.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Older People Funds
Persimmon Community Champions
Persimmon, UK house builders, Community Champions’ funding programme is awarding grants of up £1,000 to community groups and charities that support the over-70s – a vulnerable group in our society that they feel need their support at this time of crisis. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For more information and how to apply please click here.Covid 19 Older People
Independent Age: Grants FundFriday September 18th, 2020
Independent Age’s Grant Fund is awarding grants of between £5,000 to £15,000 to help smaller organisations across the UK working with older people hardest hit by the virus. Applicants should request enough funds to see them through the next six months of delivery. Priority areas for the funder are: Older people living in particularly complex…Covid 19 Health & Social Care Local Grants Older People Youth
Kent Community Foundation: Coronavirus Emergency Fund
Kent Community Foundation’s (KCF) Coronavirus Emergency Fund offers emergency funding of up to £10,000 to small grassroots community organisations in Kent and Medway to deal with emerging issues in the community affecting vulnerable people as a result of the continuing threat of Coronavirus. Priority will be given to smaller constituted community groups e.g. charities/CICs, with…Education & Employment Health & Social Care Older People Youth
Kent Community Foundation: Themed Funds
Kent Community Foundation’s Themed Fund programme awards grants of up to £5,000 (£7,500 considered for exceptional applications) to not-for-profit organisations and registered charities with projects in one of the following themed areas: Employment, Skills & EnterpriseProjects which raise the aspirations and increase the skills and opportunities of people who are far from the labour market…