The Involving Medway community grants, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, awards funds of up to £2,500 to local groups with projects and events which contribute to Involving Medway’s objectives. These are:
- Increase the range of activities which contribute to a person’s physical or mental health for people living in Medway;
- Encourage the growth of local initiatives that are designed and run by residents;
- Support residents to improve their health by bringing people together to support each other:
- bringing people together across estate boundaries
- promotes equality by bringing people of different ages, cultures, faiths, communities etc. together;
- Create stronger connections between people living in the area, for example by tackling issues such as isolation;
- Increase the skills and confidence of residents; and
- Respond to locally identified needs – i.e. applicants will need to demonstrate that they are responding to needs identified by the community and that there is demand for the proposed project.
Projects funded by this grant are typically short term or one-off activities delivered by constituted voluntary sector organisations or other types of structured groups of local residents with an annual income below £100,000. In order to be eligible for funding, at least 80% of the people benefitting from the project must be residents in the Medway area.
Please note that 50% of the grant funding available for Involving Medway community grants will be reserved for organisations with an annual income of less than £50,000.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Local Grants Funds
Land Securities LINK Fund
The Land Securities LINK Fund awards grants of up to £5,000 to small, local voluntary and community groups and charities in the Swanscombe/Northfleet area. Projects which benefit young people with a focus on NEETS, education and training projects with a focus on addressing employability and homelessness are eligible to apply. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For…Local Grants Youth
Albert Burns Children’s Charitable Trust FundMonday November 30th, 2020
The Albert Burns Children’s Charitable Trust Fund awards grants of up to £5,000 to small organisation providing direct support to young people (under 18 years old) in East Kent, in particular Thanet. Deadline: Monday 30 November 2020 For more information and how to apply please click here.Local Grants
Medway Corporate Giving Fund
The Medway Corporate Giving Fund awards grants of up to £3,500 to innovative Medway-based projects which make a real difference in the local community and help those most in need. Charities will be given the opportunity to present their project to a panel of local businesses. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. Decisions are made twice per year.…Covid 19 Health & Social Care Local Grants Older People Youth
Kent Community Foundation: Coronavirus Emergency Fund
Kent Community Foundation’s (KCF) Coronavirus Emergency Fund offers emergency funding of up to £10,000 to small grassroots community organisations in Kent and Medway to deal with emerging issues in the community affecting vulnerable people as a result of the continuing threat of Coronavirus. Priority will be given to smaller constituted community groups e.g. charities/CICs, with…