The Involving Medway community grants, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, awards funds of up to £2,500 to local groups with projects and events which contribute to Involving Medway’s objectives. These are:
- Increase the range of activities which contribute to a person’s physical or mental health for people living in Medway;
- Encourage the growth of local initiatives that are designed and run by residents;
- Support residents to improve their health by bringing people together to support each other:
- bringing people together across estate boundaries
- promotes equality by bringing people of different ages, cultures, faiths, communities etc. together;
- Create stronger connections between people living in the area, for example by tackling issues such as isolation;
- Increase the skills and confidence of residents; and
- Respond to locally identified needs – i.e. applicants will need to demonstrate that they are responding to needs identified by the community and that there is demand for the proposed project.
Projects funded by this grant are typically short term or one-off activities delivered by constituted voluntary sector organisations or other types of structured groups of local residents with an annual income below £100,000. In order to be eligible for funding, at least 80% of the people benefitting from the project must be residents in the Medway area.
Please note that 50% of the grant funding available for Involving Medway community grants will be reserved for organisations with an annual income of less than £50,000.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Local Grants Funds
Lloyds Bank Foundation: Infrastructure FundFriday October 9th, 2020
Lloyds Bank Foundation’s Infrastructure Fund awards one-off grants (of around £30,000) to local and regional infrastructure organisations that provide organisational development support for and advocate for small and local charities. This funding is only available to infrastructure organisations in certain geographical areas in England and Wales – within Kent this only includes Thanet. The funding…Health & Social Care Local Grants
Kent County Council: KCC Resilience Grant
Kent County Council’s Resilience Grant, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, is awarding grants of up to £10,000 to local organisations who are supporting families in financial difficulties, with a particular emphasis on food and debt advice. The intention is to fund those organisations currently seeing an increase in demand or anticipating an increase in demand…Environmental Health & Social Care Local Grants
Orchard Community Energy: Community FundSaturday October 31st, 2020
Orchard Community Energy’s Community Fund awards grants of between £2,000 and £5,000 to charities from, and benefitting, the Kent districts of Swale and Medway. Projects should be ready to start in January 2021 and must address at least one of the following objectives: wildlife conservation; climate change; mitigation and/or adaption; the alleviation of fuel poverty;…Education & Employment Local Grants Youth
Land Securities LINK Fund
The Land Securities LINK Fund awards grants of up to £5,000 to small, local voluntary and community groups and charities in the Swanscombe/Northfleet area. Projects which benefit young people with a focus on NEETS, education and training projects with a focus on addressing employability and homelessness are eligible to apply. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For…