Kent Community Foundation’s Elderly and Isolated Adults grant programme awards up to £5,000 to those with local projects that address the challenges faced by elderly adults and support people to stay well, healthy, independent and most importantly, combat social isolation.
The Foundation would like to hear from projects that:
- Give elderly adults the opportunity to have regular social interaction, such as social activities, ‘men’s shed’ projects or lunch clubs.
- Provide practical support to older people living alone, such as one-to-one befriending schemes or transport services enabling them to get out and about, particularly using local volunteers.
- Provide intergenerational activities where young people and the elderly can interact.
- Enable older people to use their skills and experience to make a contribution to their communities.
- Offer activities that encourage participation in sport and physical activity or opportunities to participate in arts and culture such as choirs or museums.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme with applications assessed everything three months. Upcoming deadlines are:
- Applications submitted between 1 December 2018 and 28 February 2019 will receive decisions by 31 May 2019.
- Applications submitted between 1 March 2019 and 31 May 2019 will receive decisions by 31 August 2019.
- Applications submitted between 1 June 2019 and 31 August 2019 will receive decisions by 30 November 2019
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Older People Funds
Masonic Charitable Foundation: Later Life Inclusion Grant
The Masonic Charitable Foundation’s Later Life Inclusion Grant awards grants of up to £150,000 to local and national charities who are working to reduce loneliness and isolation in later life (those over 50 years old). Grants can be used for charitable activities such as: Support for emotional and psychological planning for later life Digital inclusion sessions…Local Grants Older People Youth
Kent Reliance Provident Society: Community FundMonday June 3rd, 2019
The Kent Reliance Provident Society Community Fund, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, awards grants of up to £2,500 to local community groups, charities and social enterprises working across Kent and Medway. Projects must be to work with children and young people or provide support to the elderly. Deadline: Monday 3 June 2019 For more information and…Older People
Bring Joy Foundation
The Bring Joy Foundation awards donations of up to £5,000 to UK not-for-profit organisations, groups and charities that demonstrate their commitment to creating activities designed to improve the lives of the elderly. Events, activities or pastimes that bring the joy and fun back into ageing will be considered. For example, a day care centre organising a…Arts & Culture Community Buildings/Halls Health & Social Care Older People Youth
The Austin and Hope Pilkington Trust
The Austin and Hope Pilkington Trust award grants to UK registered charities with projects that address specific categories set out by the Trust each year. The Trust operates on a three-year rotation of categories for grant applications. The categories are as follows: 2018: Medical (non research) and Community. 2019: Children and Young People. 2020: Music and…