Kent Community Foundation’s Elderly and Isolated Adults grant programme awards up to £5,000 to those with local projects that address the challenges faced by elderly adults and support people to stay well, healthy, independent and most importantly, combat social isolation.
The Foundation would like to hear from projects that:
- Give elderly adults the opportunity to have regular social interaction, such as social activities, ‘men’s shed’ projects or lunch clubs.
- Provide practical support to older people living alone, such as one-to-one befriending schemes or transport services enabling them to get out and about, particularly using local volunteers.
- Provide intergenerational activities where young people and the elderly can interact.
- Enable older people to use their skills and experience to make a contribution to their communities.
- Offer activities that encourage participation in sport and physical activity or opportunities to participate in arts and culture such as choirs or museums.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme with applications assessed everything three months. Upcoming deadlines are:
- Applications submitted between 1 December 2018 and 28 February 2019 will receive decisions by 31 May 2019.
- Applications submitted between 1 March 2019 and 31 May 2019 will receive decisions by 31 August 2019.
- Applications submitted between 1 June 2019 and 31 August 2019 will receive decisions by 30 November 2019
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Older People Funds
The Dunhill Medical Trust: Project Grants for Community-based OrganisationsFriday March 29th, 2019
The Dunhill Medical Trust offer grants of between £5,000 - £40,000 grants to time-limited projects (maximum 36 months) which focus on the development of care and support servicesHealth & Social Care Older People
Masonic Charitable Foundation: Later Life Inclusion Grant
The Masonic Charitable Foundation’s Later Life Inclusion Grant awards grants of up to £150,000 to local and national charities who are working to reduce loneliness and isolation in later life (those over 50 years old). Grants can be used for charitable activities such as: Support for emotional and psychological planning for later life Digital inclusion sessions…Local Grants Older People
The Pargiter TrustFriday March 29th, 2019
The Pargiter Trust, administrated by Kent Community Foundation, awards grants of up to £5,000 to not-for-profit organisations who are providing support to elderly people living in Kent and Medway who are over 65 years of age. The Fund will support projects meeting one or more of the following themes: • Improving Health and Wellbeing: Reducing…Older People
Bring Joy Foundation
The Bring Joy Foundation awards donations of up to £5,000 to UK not-for-profit organisations, groups and charities that demonstrate their commitment to creating activities designed to improve the lives of the elderly. Events, activities or pastimes that bring the joy and fun back into ageing will be considered. For example, a day care centre organising a…