The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government in partnership with Sport England are awarding grants (no maximum) to not-for-profit organisations to support fresh approaches which help build integrated communities, including projects that use sport and physical activity to encourage the integration.
Grants will support approaches which address the breadth of factors which can lead to poor integration, including:
- The level and pace of migration.
- Labour market disadvantage.
- Residential segregation and segregation in schools.
- A lack of meaningful social mixing and certain religious and cultural values and attitudes.
In summary, the Fund wishes to support projects that:
- Are innovative in how they tackle systemic integration challenges, including experimentation in the design of new approaches.
- Offer sound reasoning as to why they will be likely to achieve positive integration outcomes and, where available, have a clear evidence base to support this.
- Have a clear understanding of how outcomes will be measured and how the success of the project can be evaluated.
- Demonstrate how they have, or will secure, buy-in to the proposal from delivery partners and from the local communities in which they will be tested.
- Show potential for growth, both in terms of the number of people reached and effectiveness in different local contexts.
- Demonstrate clear deliverability, good value for money and are financially sustainable.
- Are led by organisations that are willing to share their experiences and learning, both honestly and widely.
- Ideally reach 300 participants.
Deadline: Two-stage process.
- Stage One:
EOI submitted by Monday 20 August, 11.45pm
- Stage Two:
If your application is successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to submit a full application. You will have four weeks to do so.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Sports Funds
Postcode Dream Trust: Dream FundFriday August 31st, 2018
The Postcode Dream Fund awards grants over £500,000 to charitable organisations who wish to deliver the project they have always dreamed of, but never had the opportunity to bring to life. The Fund is looking for big and ambitious projects that collaborate with other not-for-profit partners to deliver their dream project. The lead applicant/partner must be…Health & Social Care Sports
Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government & Sport England: Integrated Communities Innovation FundMonday August 20th, 2018
The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government in partnership with Sport England are awarding grants (no maximum) to not-for-profit organisations to support fresh approaches which help build integrated communities, including projects that use sport and physical activity to encourage the integration. Grants will support approaches which address the breadth of factors which can lead to…Health & Social Care Sports Youth
Comic Relief: Safe, Secure, Settled
Comic Relief’s Safe, Secure, Settled fund awards grants of between £100,000 and £500,000 to not-for-profit organisations with projects that are using sport to improve the lives of children and young people (up to 25 years) who are homeless or living in temporary accommodation to gain skills to lead safe and positive lives. Projects should take a creative approach,…Community Buildings/Halls Environmental Local Grants Sports
Veolia Environmental Trust: Landfill Communities Fund
The Veolia Environmental Trust funds constituted, not-for-profit organisations through the Landfill Community Fund. Grants of up to £75,000 (£10,000 minimum) are available for capital improvement projects at a single site with discrete start and end dates in one of the following categories: Community buildings and rooms: community centres; village halls; community spaces within religious buildings,…