Music for All’s Community Project Funding awards up to £2,500 to not-for-profit organisations, VCSEs, registered charities and schools that aim to bring musical projects to their local communities.
Funding is available for musical instrument costs, associated equipment or for teaching costs for projects that aim to bring music to their community.
The main things that the trustees look for are:
- How many new musicians will the project create and support?
- How sustainable the project is, so as we can be sure that people are able to continue their musical journeys
- Whether there are any other organisations supporting the project that can help with funding, or if you’ve applied to any other charities.
- Spring: Application deadline is 1 November for funding requirement in the following January
- Summer: Application deadline is 1 February for funding requirement in April
- Autumn: Application deadline is 1 July for funding requirement in September
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Arts & Culture Funds
Tesco: Bags of Help Community Grants
Tesco’s Bags of Help, administrated by Groundwork, awards grants up to £2,000 to charities and community organisations whose projects bring benefits to local residents. Funds are raised by the carrier bag charge in Tesco stores. Applications are assessed by Groundwork to ensure they are eligible. To be eligible applicants can be either a voluntary or…Arts & Culture Education & Employment Health & Social Care Youth
The Woodward Charitable Trust
The Woodward Charitable Trust award grants (typically around £3,000) towards the core costs for small charities, CIOs and CICs. Please note that the Trust does not fund unsolicited applications from charities whose annual income exceeds £300,000 or an organisation that has more than six months running costs in its unrestricted reserves. Trustees will consider applications…Arts & Culture Heritage
The Skinners’ Company The Lady Neville Charity
The Skinners’ Company The Lady Neville Charity provides grants that make a clear and significant contribution to grass-roots charitable organisations working in designated priority areas. They offer grants to registered charity or not-for-profit organisation, and will support only capital projects with a grant of up to £1,000. In order to be eligible for a grant…Arts & Culture Religion
Cottam Will Trust
The Cottam Will Trust, administrated by Friends of Friendless Churches, awards grants for new or salvaged works of art in medieval churches. This has previously included statues, murals, paintings, stained glass, altars and altar frontals. Anyone can apply but the Trust encourages applications from Parochial Church Councils (PCCs), or artists themselves with the backing of…