The National Churches Trust’s Foundation Grants programme makes grants of up to £5,000 towards urgent maintenance works and small repairs identified as high priority within a recent Quinquennial Inspection or Survey Report. As well as, small investigative works and surveys.
Project costs should be up to £10,000 excluding VAT and awards will never exceed 50% of the costs.
Applications from listed and unlisted Christian places of worship, of any denomination, across the UK are eligible to apply as long as they can answer ‘yes’ to the following:
- Is yours a Christian place of worship (but not a cathedral) within the UK, and open for at least six services of public worship each year?
- Do you own the building or have the right to carry out the work? If the church is not part of a major denomination then is the denomination registered with Churches Together in Britain and Ireland, or has it got charitable status?
- Was your place of worship built as a place of worship originally and is it more than 30 years old? And are the works that this phase will inform, be either directly to the building or attached to it?
- Is the building open to the public for a minimum of 100 days a year beyond worship use, or will be within one year of project completion?
- Have you already raised at least 50% of this phase of the total project cost?
- Is the project yet to start (we don’t accept applications for projects that have already started)?
- Are two quotes in place for each element of the work in this application? (If not please take a look at the Trust’s MaintenanceBooker services and register online to get a free quote if the services are available in your area)
- If already appointed – is the project being led by a qualified professional, with conservation accreditation from a recognised institution if it is a listed building?
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme.
This fund is not managed by Funding for All. Please click ‘Find out more’ and contact the funder for more information.
Other Religion Funds
National Churches Trust: Gateway Grants
The National Churches Trust’s Gateway Grants makes grants of between £3,000 and £10,000 towards project development and investigative work up to RIBA planning stage 1, to support churches preparing for a major project, and in developing their project to the point at which they can approach a major grant funder. Grants will never exceed 50%…Religion
National Churches Trust: Foundation Grants – for Maintenance
The National Churches Trust’s Foundation Grants programme makes grants of up to £5,000 towards urgent maintenance works and small repairs identified as high priority within a recent Quinquennial Inspection or Survey Report. As well as, small investigative works and surveys. Project costs should be up to £10,000 excluding VAT and awards will never exceed 50%…Religion
The Rank Foundation: Pebble Grants
The Rank Foundation’s Pebble Grants programme awards up to £4,000 to UK registered charities and recognised churches (annual income under £500,000) which are raising money for projects where the total cost is less than £150,000. Funding can be spent on: short breaks e.g. an annual respite break or holiday for disadvantaged young people; equipment e.g.…Religion
Marshall’s Charity: Church Restoration Grants
Marshall’s Charity’s Church Restoration Grant awards funding to Anglican churches within the dioceses of: Canterbury Guildford Lincoln Southwark. For 2021, churches within the diocese of Rochester need to consult the diocese directly. While grants are for building projects, Trustees want to support projects where the building works will benefit the mission and ministry of the…