Patagonia, the American clothing and outdoor gear company, awards grants of up to $12,000 to innovative local work that addresses the root causes of the environmental crisis and seeks to protect both the environment and affected communities.
The company encourage work that brings underrepresented communities to the forefront of the environmental movement and defend communities whose health and livelihoods are threatened by environmental exploitation. They support multi-pronged campaigns that push for greater environmental protections and force the government to abide by its own laws.
Patagonia seek to fund projects that:
- are action-oriented;
- focus on root causes;
- have a clear strategy;
- identify specific goals and objectives that can be effectively measured to evaluate success;
- build public involvement and civic engagement;
- work to build an inclusive and diverse environmental movement; and
- take place within the following countries: United States, Canada, Japan, Korea, Australia, Chile, Argentina, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Luxembourg, Italy, Ireland, Germany, France, Denmark, Belgium, Austria and the Czech Republic.
Deadlines: Continuous rolling programme however:
- all applications received by 30 June will receive a response by the end of October; and
- all applications received by 31 January will receive a response by the end of June.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Environmental Funds
Ford Britain Trust: Large GrantsSunday January 31st, 2021 11:59pm
The Ford Britain Trust awards grants of up to £3,000 to: Registered charities; Schools/PTAs (Non-fee paying, state sector schools only. Independent/private; fee paying schools will not be considered); and Non-profit organisations (including small clubs and societies). CICs and individuals are not eligible to apply. Although open to all, the Trust has a particular interest in…Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Youth
Ford Britain Trust: Small GrantsSunday February 28th, 2021 11:59pm
The Ford Britain Trust awards small grants of up to £250 to: Registered charities; Schools/PTAs (Non-fee paying, state sector schools only. Independent/private; fee paying schools will not be considered); and Non-profit organisations (including small clubs and societies). CICs and individuals are not eligible to apply. Although open to all, the Trust has a particular interest…Arts & Culture Environmental
The Finnis Scott Foundation
The Finnis Scott Foundation awards grants of up to £10,000 to projects in the areas of horticulture and plant sciences, as well as art history and the enhancement, conservation and preservation of art. Preference is given to smaller charities where a grant would have a significant impact. The Foundation funds both capital and revenue projects.…Covid 19 Environmental
Support Adoption For Pets
Support Adoption for Pets awards grants of up to £10,000 (or up to 30% of total annual expenditure, whichever is the lower amount) to charities and not-for-profit organisations whose main activity is either: the rescue and rehoming of UK domestic pets. These are cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, degus, mice, chinchillas, rats, parrots…