Funded by The National Lottery Community Fund, delivered by Big Issue Invest, The Key Fund, Resonance, the School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) and UnLtd and supported by CAF Venturesome, the Young Foundation and Ashoka, the Social Enterprise Support Fund awards emergency funding of between £10,000 and £300,000 to support social enterprises during Covid-19. The Fund will help social enterprises to meet additional demands, change the way they work, make their spaces Covid-secure, and manage liquidity during the next six months.
Social enterprises who are working in one of the following priority areas are eligible to apply:
1) Social enterprises supporting people who are at high risk from Covid-19 – specifically social enterprises that:
- Connect with older people
- Connect with disabled people
- Provide advice and support to people who are pushed into crisis
- Provide support to those in medical care or end of life care
2) Social enterprise supporting people most likely to face increased demand and challenges as a result of the Covid-19 crisis – specifically social enterprises that:
- Provide essential items directly to families who are hit hardest
- Support BAME and other communities who experience health inequalities
- Support people who experience loneliness and social isolation
- Support people who experience poor mental health
- Support children and young people to achieve their potential
The funding can be used for two types of support:
- Funding for activities supporting people and communities affected by Covid-19; and/or
- Helping organisations overcome any acute financial difficulties they are facing as result of the crisis.
Applications from social enterprises that are led by people from BAME backgrounds, people with disabilities, from the LGBTQ+ community or by people with lived experience of the issue they are seeking to resolve are particularly welcomed.
The Social Enterprise Support Fund partnership is part of The National Lottery Community Fund’s Covid-19 Community-led Organisations Recovery Scheme.
Deadline: There are three funding rounds:
- Round 1: CLOSED
- Round 2: Thursday 13 August 2020, 1pm – Thursday 20 August 2020, 1pm
- Round 3: Thursday 10 September 2020, 1pm – Thursday 17 September 2020, 1pm
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Social Enterprise Funds
Social Enterprise Support FundThursday August 20th, 2020
Funded by The National Lottery Community Fund, delivered by Big Issue Invest, The Key Fund, Resonance, the School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) and UnLtd and supported by CAF Venturesome, the Young Foundation and Ashoka, the Social Enterprise Support Fund awards emergency funding of between £10,000 and £300,000 to support social enterprises during Covid-19. The Fund will…Education & Employment Loans Social Enterprise
Social Investment Business & The Forward Trust: Forward Enterprise Fund
The Forward Enterprise Fund is £2 million social investment fund that supports charities and social enterprises run by, or creating employment opportunities for, ex-offenders and people in recovery from addiction. The Fund provides access to unsecured loans between £25,000 – £150,000 for revenue and/or capital projects (typical interest rate 7.5%) for up to a five year term. Eligible organisations…Health & Social Care Social Enterprise
The Care & Wellbeing Fund
The Care and Wellbeing Fund is an investment fund which aims to develop and scale community-based services to improve people’s health and wellbeing, from prevention to clinical services. The Fund invests in projects run by social enterprises (either as CICs or limited companies) that tackle the challenges faced by those affected by cancer or generating learning…Loans Social Enterprise
Kent Community Foundation: Kent Social Enterprise Loan Fund (KSELF)
The Kent Social Enterprise Loan Fund (KSELF) offers Kent’s charities and social enterprises unsecured loans of between £10,000 and £100,000. The scheme is a blended loan and grant fund (30%) with a flat interest rate of 5% with a split between capital and interest payments remaining fixed throughout the term. Investment readiness and business support is also provided…