The Stanley Smith (UK) Horticultural Trust offer grants of up to £5,000 (average grant size £3,000 – £4,000) to charities, community and voluntary organisations and institutions for projects that:
- support horticulural education;
- support the advancement of research in any branch of horticulture and the publication of the results of such research;
- assist the creation, development, preservation and maintenance of gardens accessible to the public;
- promote the cultivation and wide distribution of plants which have value to mankind;
- promote and cultivate new plants;
- assist the publication of books or other works relating to science or horticulture.
The Trust does not support applications that are primarily for social welfare, socio-economic development or physical or mental welfare but this does not exclude legitimate horticultural therapy projects.
Deadline: Continuous rolling basis. Two Trustees’ meetings per year as follows:
- April Trustees’ meeting: 15 February
- October Trustees’ meeting: 15 August
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Environmental Funds
The Tree Council: Tree Futures Grant SchemeFriday May 17th, 2019
The Tree Council’s Tree Futures Grant Scheme (previously three separate programmes: Trees for Schools, Community Trees and Orchard Windfalls) awards grants of between £300 and £1000. Applicants can only apply for up to 80% of their total planting costs. Any school or community group within the United Kingdom that is planning a tree or hedge planting project…Environmental
Patagonia: Environmental Grants
Patagonia, the American clothing and outdoor gear company, awards grants of up to $12,000 to innovative local work that addresses the root causes of the environmental crisis and seeks to protect both the environment and affected communities. The company encourage work that brings underrepresented communities to the forefront of the environmental movement and defend communities…Environmental
Postcode Local Trust: Community GrantsWednesday August 14th, 2019
The Postcode Local Trust awards grants to charities and community groups with projects that fall into one of the Trust's 2019 themes:Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Sports
The Liebreich Foundation
The Liebreich Foundation makes occasional small grants to charitable organisations focusing on the following areas: Climate and Environment Disability and Inclusion Education Entrepreneurship Sport and Health Sustainable Development Veterans, Refugees and Victims of Violence Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. For more information and how to apply please click here.