The Jean Sainsbury Animal Welfare Trust’s objectives are to donate to UK registered charities whose purposes encompass one or more of the following:
- to benefit or protect animals
- to relieve animals from suffering
- to conserve wild life
- to encourage the understanding of animals
The Trust favours applications from smaller animal welfare charities registered in the UK and working in the UK or abroad:
- Which have independently examined up to date annual accounts.
- Which demonstrate an active re-homing and rehabilitation policy for animals taken into their care.
- Involved with conservation of wildlife, when the rescue, rehabilitation and (where possible) the release of animals is their main aim.
The Trust aims to support UK registered charities by making donations toward the following:
- General running costs associated with the rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing or release of domestic, wild and exotic animals.
- Feeding, capture, neutering and release of feral cats.
- Assistance with vet’s fees and neutering costs of animals owned by those on low incomes.
- Donations towards capital purchases involving land, buildings, vehicles, equipment and educational material. The Trustees may pledge funds towards large capital building projects, which will only be released when all other funding is in place and the work is ready to commence. The maximum pledge awarded is £35k.
- Donations toward the purchase or improvement of property or fixed buildings are only considered if:
- the property is clearly in the ownership of the charity, or
- at least 10 years is left to run on the charity’s lease, or
- a letter from the landowner states that the charity will be reimbursed for the improvements on sale of the property or at the end of the lease. Otherwise, support for improvements can only be considered when they do not increase the saleable value of the property.
Donations are considered three times each year, usually in March, July and November, by a panel of up to seven trustees and range from £1,000 to a normal maximum of £10,000. Smaller donations may be awarded between the meetings at the discretion of the Chairman and Administrator of the Trust.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Environmental Funds
Sea-Changers: Innovation Fund 2022
Sea-Changers Innovation Fund 2022, supported by William Grant Foundation and LIGA, awards grants of up to £10,000 to various types of organisations, including not-for-profits, companies and education institutions which have an idea or a project that they believe is a genuinely new and untested solution to the UK’s marine conservation challenges. In 2022, the Innovation…Arts & Culture Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Heritage
The Sackler Trust
The Sackler Trust supports charitable activities in the fields of medical science, healthcare, and access to education and the arts, as well as supporting community organisations, heritage sites and projects which promote social good. There is no minimum or maximum amount stipulated that you can apply for. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme This fund is not…Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Older People Social Enterprise Youth
BA Better World Community Fund
British Airway’s BA Better World Community Fund provides 50% of your project target matched funding contributions up to £50,000 to UK registered charity or social enterprise for innovate projects that demonstrate an ability to create positive impact across several categories: Environment Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing Education and employability Thriving communities Crisis support Colleague engagement Funding…Environmental
Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust
The Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust (EKCT) awards grants to UK registered charities who are working within one of the following areas of EKCT’s remit to: Support beneficiaries located in Sussex, within one of EKCT’s focus areas as follows: Care of the elderly Disability General welfare Hospices Youth Wildlife & environmental conservation Deliver international or UK…