The National Lottery Heritage Fund is awarding urgent grants of between £50,000-£250,000 for heritage assets at immediate risk.
The Heritage Emergency Fund is short-term funding to support the immediate actions needed to stabilise operations, manage unforeseen risks and help organisations begin to think about recovery.
Applicants can apply to the Fund to cover essential costs for up to four months. You may also apply for a contribution towards increasing your digital activities and offer during this period, testing new activities that will help your organisation’s recovery, and reviewing and revising your strategic and operating plans.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a current or previous recipient of a grant (over £10,000) directly from the Heritage Fund;
- not have applied to the Heritage Emergency Fund (£3,000 to £50,000) successfully or unsuccessfully; and
- not be in receipt of any other emergency funding from another National Lottery distributor e.g. The National Lottery Community Fund.
The funder will prioritise organisations that:
- are focused on a heritage asset that is at risk as a result of COVID-19;
- are making an outstanding contribution to places and communities;
- have received significant past investment from the National Lottery Heritage Fund
- can demonstrate a good track record working towards the Heritage Fund’s mandatory inclusion outcome, a wider range of people will be involved in heritage;
- can demonstrate they are managing heritage attractions that are significant to the heritage visitor economy. Particularly those in areas of deprivation that meet our economic regeneration outcome, the local economy will be boosted; and
- can demonstrate a good track record working towards the Heritage Fund’s wellbeing outcome, people will have greater wellbeing.
They will also prioritise applications where:
- an organisation is working within one or more of the 13 Areas of Focus we identified in their Strategic Funding Framework;
- there is willingness and potential to play a leadership role in the recovery and reconfiguring of the heritage sector longer term; and
- there is evidence of exploring and successfully developing new income streams to support sustainability and organisational reconfiguration longer term.
In assessing applications, the Heritage Fund will consider the scale and scope of the wider impacts and benefits your organisation provides, in line with their outcomes around economic regeneration, inclusion and wellbeing. They will also consider the material difference their support is likely to make in the context of the organisation and the heritage you manage, its size and relative to the scale of the risk faced by you and the heritage you look after.
Before applying please speak:
- to your local engagement team for advice if your National Lottery Heritage Fund project is complete;
- to your investment manager if your National Lottery Heritage Fund project is still running. They will discuss your options; or
- to your investment manager if you need to apply for any direct capital costs, that are not for emergency works, for an existing National Lottery Heritage Fund project. They may be able to offer an increase to your existing grant instead.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. Decisions aim to be made within two to four weeks.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other National Lottery Funds
The National Lottery Heritage Fund: Heritage Emergency Fund (£50,000-£250,000)
The National Lottery Heritage Fund is awarding urgent grants of between £50,000-£250,000 for heritage assets at immediate risk. The Heritage Emergency Fund is short-term funding to support the immediate actions needed to stabilise operations, manage unforeseen risks and help organisations begin to think about recovery. Applicants can apply to the Fund to cover essential costs…Covid 19 National Lottery
Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport & The National Lottery Community Fund: Coronavirus Community Support Fund
The National Lottery Community Fund and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport’s Coronavirus Community Support Fund awards grants of up to £100,000 to support small to medium-sized organisations in England through the next six months. The Fund will priorities projects that: support people and communities who experience disproportionate challenge and difficulty as a…Covid 19 National Lottery
The National Lottery Community Fund: Awards for All England (Covid-19)
This programme now focuses on funding voluntary and community organisations with projects helping communities through the COVID-19 pandemic (to be reviewed in July 2020) Given the emergency, the National Lottery are looking to award funding of £300 – £10,000 to cover six months of expenditure and to fund activities supporting people affected by the crisis.…Covid 19 National Lottery
The National Lottery Community Fund: Reaching Communities England (Covid-19)
The National Lottery Community Fund’s Reaching Communities England programme awards funding over £10,000 to organisations that work with their community to help them thrive. With the pandemic still ongoing, the NLCF wish to focus their giving on organisations supporting communities most adversely impacted by Covid-19. They can support organisation’s to: continue to deliver activity, whether…