Viridor Credits Environmental Company funds community, heritage and biodiversity projects through the Landfill Communities Fund. They offer three funding schemes in England:
- Small Grants Scheme: up to £20,000.
- Main Grants Scheme: between £20,001-50,000.
- Large Grants Scheme: between £50,001-100,000 (the most competitive scheme).
To be eligible to apply, not-for-profit organisations must be within a ten miles of an active landfill site managed by Viridor (Shelford Landfill, Shalloak Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 0PU)
Projects that fulfil the following objectives may be eligible for funding:
- the protection of the environment, the provision, maintenance or improvement of public amenities and parks, which are open and accessible to the public;
- the protection of the environment, the enhancement, protection and/or promotion of biological diversity of a species or habitat; and
- the protection of the environment, the maintenance, repair or restoration of a building of historic or architectural interest, and is open and accessible to the public.
However, Viridor Credits Environmental Company prioritises projects that can demonstrate:
- proof of a need and local support for the project; promotion of community participation (volunteering) and partnership approaches;
- environmental sustainability;
- value for money; projects must maximise the benefit of Landfill Communities Fund; and
- self-sustaining and have long-term management plans.
Funds are for capital expenditure only and the applicant must hold the freehold of the project site, or have a minimum of ten years left to run on a lease.
When applying, applicants must include three comparable quotations to ensure that the project can go ahead at the most economical cost. Viridor Credits will use the lowest of the quotations as a basis for awarding funding, regardless of which of the contractors is ultimately selected by the applicant. If funded, Viridor Credits will release funds against completed, agreed works up to the value of the lowest quotation for the works.
Applicants are also required to include in their application who will be making the Contributing Third Party Payment (the equivalent of 10% of any funds awarded) to Viridor Waste Management.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme, however to be considered at the next trustees meeting applications must be received by:
- 30 April 2018 (Trustees meeting: 13 June)
- 31 July 2018 (Trustees meeting: 19 September)
- 31 October 2018 (Trustees meeting: 12 December)
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Local Grants Funds
Ramsgate Town Council: Ramsgate Fund
Ramsgate Town Council offer funding towards local projects that will benefit the Ramsgate community. No maximum grant size is stipulated. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. The deadline for submission of applications is two weeks before the Full Council meeting (calendar). For more information and how to apply please click here.Local Grants
Ramsgate Town Council: Ramsgate Events Fund
Ramsgate Town Council offer funding towards local events that will benefit the Ramsgate community. No maximum grant size is stipulated. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. The Town Promotion Committee meet twice a year to review applications – March and September. The deadline for submission of applications for the 4 September 2019 meeting will be 14 August 2019. …Local Grants
NFU Mutual: Community Giving Fund
NFU Mutual’s Community Giving Fund awards donations of up to £250, but will also consider other donations such as promotional items and prizes. Specific events/items are preferred so they can measure the difference their donation has made. For example, purchasing an item of equipment or furniture, or something else that will help people over a…Local Grants Sports
Localgiving: Magic Little GrantsSaturday November 30th, 2019
Localgiving, in association with Postcode Community Trust, is awarding small, local charities and community groups £500 grants to deliver engaging physical activities, which help to overcome barriers to participation. The aim of the fund is to support the work of organisations that are engaging hard to reach individuals, encouraging them to take part in physical…