Viridor Credits Environmental Company funds community, heritage and biodiversity projects through the Landfill Communities Fund. They offer three funding schemes in England:
- Small Grants Scheme: up to £20,000.
- Main Grants Scheme: between £20,001-50,000.
- Large Grants Scheme: between £50,001-100,000 (the most competitive scheme).
To be eligible to apply, not-for-profit organisations must be within a ten miles of an active landfill site managed by Viridor (Shelford Landfill, Shalloak Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 0PU)
Projects that fulfil the following objectives may be eligible for funding:
- the protection of the environment, the provision, maintenance or improvement of public amenities and parks, which are open and accessible to the public;
- the protection of the environment, the enhancement, protection and/or promotion of biological diversity of a species or habitat; and
- the protection of the environment, the maintenance, repair or restoration of a building of historic or architectural interest, and is open and accessible to the public.
However, Viridor Credits Environmental Company prioritises projects that can demonstrate:
- proof of a need and local support for the project; promotion of community participation (volunteering) and partnership approaches;
- environmental sustainability;
- value for money; projects must maximise the benefit of Landfill Communities Fund; and
- self-sustaining and have long-term management plans.
Funds are for capital expenditure only and the applicant must hold the freehold of the project site, or have a minimum of ten years left to run on a lease.
When applying, applicants must include three comparable quotations to ensure that the project can go ahead at the most economical cost. Viridor Credits will use the lowest of the quotations as a basis for awarding funding, regardless of which of the contractors is ultimately selected by the applicant. If funded, Viridor Credits will release funds against completed, agreed works up to the value of the lowest quotation for the works.
Applicants are also required to include in their application who will be making the Contributing Third Party Payment (the equivalent of 10% of any funds awarded) to Viridor Waste Management.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme.
Other Local Grants Funds
Ramsgate Town Council: Ramsgate Fund
Ramsgate Town Council offer funding towards local projects that will benefit the Ramsgate community. No maximum grant size is stipulated. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. The deadline for submission of applications is two weeks before the Full Council meeting (calendar). For more information and how to apply please click here.Local Grants
Ramsgate Town Council: Ramsgate Events Fund
Ramsgate Town Council offer funding towards local events that will benefit the Ramsgate community. No maximum grant size is stipulated. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme. The Town Promotion Committee meet twice a year to review applications – March and September. The deadline for submission of applications for the 4 September 2019 meeting will be 14 August 2019. …Local Grants
NFU Mutual: Community Giving Fund
NFU Mutual’s Community Giving Fund awards donations of up to £1,000, to support community events, charities, schools and community group activities that are local to NFU Mutual operations across the UK. Specific events/items are preferred so they can measure the difference their donation has made. For example, purchasing an item of equipment or furniture, or…Local Grants
Canterbury Connected BID: Event Sponsorship & Support
Canterbury Connected Business Improvement District (BID) provides support and sponsorship for events taking place within the city centre of Canterbury. These are events that will: benefit the strong cultural branding the city increase visitor numbers, dwell time and spend assist in creating a superb destination for our residents and visitors Average sponsorship allocation is between…