The Rural Community Energy Fund (RCEF) supports rural communities in England to develop renewable energy projects which provide economic and social benefits to the community.
The RCEF is available to rural communities in England that:
- represent a rural community of:
- fewer than 10,000 residents; or
- more than 10,000 residents but within a local authority area which is classified by the Office of National Statistics as ‘predominantly rural’
- form a legal entity in order to receive public funds
- demonstrate the support of the wider community
and are planning a renewable energy project which:
- will provide a legacy for the future benefit of the community
- use a proven renewable technology
The fund provides up to £150,000 of funding for feasibility and pre-planning development work to help projects become investment ready. The RCEF provides support in two stages:
- Stage 1 provides a grant of up to approximately £20,000 to pay for an initial investigation into the feasibility of a renewable energy project
- Stage 2 provides an unsecured loan of up to approximately £130,000 to support planning applications and develop a robust business case to attract further investment
This is a continuous rolling programme.
For more information and how to apply please click here.
Other Environmental Funds
Sea-Changers: Innovation Fund 2022
Sea-Changers Innovation Fund 2022, supported by William Grant Foundation and LIGA, awards grants of up to £10,000 to various types of organisations, including not-for-profits, companies and education institutions which have an idea or a project that they believe is a genuinely new and untested solution to the UK’s marine conservation challenges. In 2022, the Innovation…Arts & Culture Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Heritage
The Sackler Trust
The Sackler Trust supports charitable activities in the fields of medical science, healthcare, and access to education and the arts, as well as supporting community organisations, heritage sites and projects which promote social good. There is no minimum or maximum amount stipulated that you can apply for. Deadline: Continuous rolling programme This fund is not…Education & Employment Environmental Health & Social Care Older People Social Enterprise Youth
BA Better World Community Fund
British Airway’s BA Better World Community Fund provides 50% of your project target matched funding contributions up to £50,000 to UK registered charity or social enterprise for innovate projects that demonstrate an ability to create positive impact across several categories: Environment Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing Education and employability Thriving communities Crisis support Colleague engagement Funding…Environmental
Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust
The Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust (EKCT) awards grants to UK registered charities who are working within one of the following areas of EKCT’s remit to: Support beneficiaries located in Sussex, within one of EKCT’s focus areas as follows: Care of the elderly Disability General welfare Hospices Youth Wildlife & environmental conservation Deliver international or UK…